• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

why locking yourself down as play just one system all season though..pretty easy to read after awhile, no?

This is Nuno's way though from what we've heard. He's pretty stubborn when it comes to his ideas.

This is Nuno's way though from what we've heard. He's pretty stubborn when it comes to his ideas.

yes, i hope he can be flexible though

How well any of us on here think Dicko suited the system is largely irrelevant now.

Nuno still picked him as the central attacker above all the other options he's now left with, bar Bonatini. So whilst he was far from ideal for the new system he was still 2nd choice and the match day squad is now weaker as a result. They took a gamble on letting him go, hoping they'd be able to get someone in to improve on that slot, perhaps leapfrogging Bonatini too, but it's failed. £3.5m in the bank isn't really going to be any use up to January like that 2nd choice forward could've been, time to cross the fingers and hope Zyro recovers, Cavaleiro adapts or Wilson steps up.

why locking yourself down as play just one system all season though..pretty easy to read after awhile, no?

I suspect this season we will have a principle system, and then we'll have minor variations of it for different scenarios.

For instance we might see Cav up top if we're playing a game we expect to come under pressure and Cav would have the speed Leo doesn't for a counter attack.

We might see Alfred in the middle who can put it about a bit against one of the more 'rustic' teams.

The system remains the same but the personnel with different strengths and weaknesses change, we don't change the entire system to accommodate one player.

I doubt it's 'they' taking a gamble. I'm pretty sure Nuno has signed off every single departure, including Dicko. If he's got it wrong, it will be on him.

im pretty sure he was sure to get the PSV guy in and not easy to time departures and signings on deadline day..hence why i said it should have been done earlier

Just the thought of not seeing Dicko offfuckingside every 5 minutes makes me happy.

Anyone who believes Shi when he said their "top priority" was N'Daiye is kidding themselves. Absolute BS from our man Jeff, and the worst thing is, he expects the fans to buy it.

Quite obviously we were desperate for a striker and failed miserably.

I'm still happy with the squad, but don't try and pull the wool over our eyes, Jeff. That's not cool.
It's interesting that the club chooses to speak with the E&S when it has some propaganda to put out. You are correct it's not in the slightest bit convincing but, Jeff is quite rightly in credit so will get an easy ride over it. Imagine if Moxey had come up with that level of insulting bollocks?

I doubt it's 'they' taking a gamble. I'm pretty sure Nuno has signed off every single departure, including Dicko. If he's got it wrong, it will be on him.
I don't think any one person makes the decisions for Wolves recruitment or outgoings alone. What if Nuno only gave the nod on letting Dicko go as a replacement was promised? The only they apparently weren't bothered about signing after it all fell through.

I think we have a free agent lined up. I thought it during the window and Jeff's comment in his interview left the door open.

There are a few on the free list that are surprising but I guess they must be broken in some way. Diabate is a beast but not sure how he fits into our system.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Got to say that sometimes it makes you wonder if some of the people who comment on E & S articles know anything at all. We didn't get a striker we wanted a striker. I would think that Nuno had a say in letting Dicko go (Did Nouha want to get 20 mins occasionally? I guess he'd rather play more at Hull). I read that we're going backwards FUCK OFF are we. Not many strikers will fit the system that we will play, we won't buy just anyone to appease the fans. Fosun have backed their words with money and support for Nuno. Nuno is adamant that we will play 3-4-3 so anyone who comes in must improve the team within that system. Some of these so called fans never go to the games and just see results only. We beat Boro,Derby and Hull then lost to Cardiff and drew with Brentford so we must be going backwards. If we buy a 20 goal a season....... then add the goals on we would of......
The people in the ground watching have been amazingly patient IMO I dont believe KJ had any real stick at the Mol "We're fucking bored" a couple of times. WZ had great support from the fans and so did PL. Moxey on the other hand got plenty as did Morgan. This is because we know we are just a average club albeit with a great history and tradition. We know this because we watch us struggle against average teams.

I think 12 new players (most already proving their worth) and a total clear out of dross is a brilliant transfer window on top of what they did in the little time they had last year Costa, Cav, Sais plus others who didnt get a crack under WZ and PL Prince comes to mind. Marshall coming in later looked great after he got fit.

I think we actually have a style of play now instead of the BS we have had to endure. The last time we played with any style was the run in to 7th under KJ when we went for it 4-4-2 (unfortunately he'd already thrown away our chance with negative tactics).
I do have some reservations about the system as I think that we wont win enough at home. We will be fine away I'd of thought. Thats just my opinion but Wolves don't pay me to make decisions and take the flack.

It's interesting that the club chooses to speak with the E&S when it has some propaganda to put out. You are correct it's not in the slightest bit convincing but, Jeff is quite rightly in credit so will get an easy ride over it. Imagine if Moxey had come up with that level of insulting bollocks?

Agreed, although if there is one thing that this highlights more than anything else if it wasn't already obvious is quite how little influence the E&S has. Ignored and ostracised until such point as they have a use.

It's not bad thing we pulled out if clubs/agents started demanding extra money. It sends a message which says we might have loads of dosh but you won't mug us off.

If we'd given the extra dosh every future deal would end up the same way

If you haven't seen it doing the rounds on various sites at the weekend, click the link below and watch the video - which follows the trials & tribulations of Sheffield United on transfer deadline day, and their Manager Chris Wilder attempting to do deals.

Crazy to see a brief insight to the day from a Manager/clubs point of view. I'd have liked to have seen one of these videos about Wolves!

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...ield-united-s-transfer-deadline-day-1-8735023

I've always equated transfer deadline day to the kid doing his homework on the bus on the way to school !

You have three months for Gods sake.

I've always equated transfer deadline day to the kid doing his homework on the bus on the way to school !

You have three months for Gods sake.

Yeah, swings both ways. Many clubs will have to wait for others to do their business first in order to free up a potential target. Sort of domino effect.

The video was interesting, because it essentially confirms that Sheffield United had 5 players that all wanted to be at the club, but due to agents messing around and asking for silly deals, only 2 of the players got over the line. One of the players was sat at Sheffield train station waiting for instructions from his agent! (Jerome Sinclair).

Back