• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Boro have a decent looking side, and have been playing together longer. It'll be a tough game and will give us a very good indication as to where we are.

In my head I'm trying to work out if they're better or worse than Leicester. I think they'll be better than Leicester were on Saturday

I think it's poised, they appointed Monk a week after we appointed Nuno so they've only had that time for coaching and new ideas and a pretty hefty influx of players whilst losing mainstays like Stuani and it's doubtful Ramirez will start given rumours about him.

We will only know that for sure with a few games of competitive action.

One thing is certain is that our style of play is going to be very different to that Mick side.

I think we're better than Mick's promotion team of SEB, Kightly, Jarvis et al

Still need the guaranteed scorer though - that team had SEB & Iwelumo (though we didn't expect the latter to have that much impact when he signed on)

If we had 2008 SEB in this team now I'd stick serious money on us to win the league.

We will only know that for sure with a few games of competitive action.

One thing is certain is that our style of play is going to be very different to that Mick side.

Would be academically interesting to see Mick trying to manage the side we have now - really don't think that there would be a 'meeting of minds' at any point

Apart from SEB and maybe iwelumo who would you bring into the squad from Mick's era and who would you replace?

That first half vs forest is still one of the most dominant performances I've ever seen - not just involving Wolves - and in theory this side has potential to do that. I'm seriously excited

Not sure if this has been posted but there are rumours that Bristol City have bud 1.2 mill for Mason.

https://twitter.com/TransferCentreL/status/892097390320254976

No idea of the accounts reliability though! I'd probably take 1.2 mill, especially if the bid was towards the end of the window, but I think we could get a couple of quid more if we reject it and wait for other bids.

I'd have Kightly for right of the front three - ahead of Zyro - and Jones would be an upgrade on Price.

You can't answer that really, given the fundamental formation differences. For instance Foley correctly won player of the season that year, but I wouldn't really want him as a right wing back.

You can't answer that really, given the fundamental formation differences. For instance Foley correctly won player of the season that year, but I wouldn't really want him as a right wing back.

Possibly only Foley who could have played RWB & at his best was way better than Doherty

So many of us see things so differently :icon_smile:

So many of us see things so differently :icon_smile:
Yes [emoji2]. If we were playing more of a 5 at the back like McGhee or Hoddle treated us to I'd agree with you, but using the Chelsea model, because Saturday is the first time I'll have seen this team, I wouldn't want Foley playing the Alonso or Moses role.

Not sure if this has been posted but there are rumours that Bristol City have bud 1.2 mill for Mason.

https://twitter.com/TransferCentreL/status/892097390320254976

No idea of the accounts reliability though! I'd probably take 1.2 mill, especially if the bid was towards the end of the window, but I think we could get a couple of quid more if we reject it and wait for other bids.

I wouldn't mess around with the fee. If someone is stupid enough to want him then just accept the bid and he can be someone else's problem. He isn't very good at anything and he's got a shite attitude.

Any loss on the transfer fee is petty cash in the current scheme of things - doesn't fit (& never quite sure where he did)

Sell & move on

Back