• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

That season Henry was fantastic. He would also be a great partner for Neves (2009 Karl Henry, that is)

i think i will rest my case now and here..

Fletch in that first season would be fucking perfect for this side

It seems that few of Mick's team would displace what we currently have. We know we're light with forwards at the moment but I really don't see that being the case for much longer.

What Mick's team had was passion and belief, this team will also need the same levels of both but I think this is a better footballing side

It seems that few of Mick's team would displace what we currently have. We know we're light with forwards at the moment but I really don't see that being the case for much longer.

What Mick's team had was passion and belief, this team will also need the same levels of both but I think this is a better footballing side

that will be the thing for Nuno, to gel as a team and get a winning mentality, consistensy week in, week out..thats how you get promotion..but I see very good sign and players being positive despite very hard training..so im optimistic, and we have some super talent onboard this year

Were we actually that good the season we won the league? The second half of it in particular? It's a long time ago now, and I only really watched us after xmas and never felt we were all that convincing. I remember SEB being awesome....and perhaps Foley too. The rest were I suppose I would say, functional. I don't ever remember being blown away by the football we played particularly.

We were tremendous for the first couple of months. Had to grind it out a bit after a poor January and February but that's the nature of a promotion winning season a lot of the time. You don't batter teams 5-0 all year.

I am grateful for what Karl Henry did in effort to our club..he gave it his all every time and of course he was pivotal that season..would i bring him back next to neves..no

Any loss on the transfer fee is petty cash in the current scheme of things - doesn't fit (& never quite sure where he did)

Sell & move on

Doesn't really matter now how much we paid in the first place. I find it hard to believe he's ever going to be worth much more than a million to anyone, and on the pitch he has zero value to us right now. Any fee is a bonus, though we should obviously try to get as much as possible.

I am grateful for what Karl Henry did in effort to our club..he gave it his all every time and of course he was pivotal that season..would i bring him back next to neves..no

Not just me then. Good.

No one has said they would...They said that they would have the 2008/09 Karl Henry in there with Neves before they'd have David Jones NOT Karl Henry 2017

The 2008/09 team gelled fairly quickly (that was probably a lot to do with Mick), whether the current one does we will find out shortly

This side appears to have much better individual skills than the earlier one, is that enough - time will tell

Back