• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

No one has said they would...They said that they would have the 2008/09 Karl Henry in there with Neves before they'd have David Jones NOT Karl Henry 2017

darlo, change username..big capital letter ;) yes, im strange sometimes...

but david jones had a lot of good years too..so who is the better footballer..for me David Jones...

Aside from the promotion side - Doyle and Fletcher are clearly head and shoulders above what flatters to be our point of focus at the moment. I really don't see too much above those I've already cited getting a look in. I'd be tempted to put Marlon Harewood in ahead of our current strikers. He's a better option than the misfiring panic buys we currently have, and has the same chance of regaining his former glories as our current number 9. Which might sound harsh, but it's true.

The 2008/09 team gelled fairly quickly (that was probably a lot to do with Mick), whether the current one does we will find out shortly

This side appears to have much better individual skills than the earlier one, is that enough - time will tell

We had a bit of a headstart then, we finished 2007/8 pretty strongly and the base of the team was therefore already in place. We've had to more or less start again here, on Saturday it's likely that only Doherty, Coady, Saiss, Dicko (if fit) and one of Ronan/Graham/Bright/Zyro will start who were here last season. And Doherty probably would be replaced by German Phil if he were fit.

Aside from the promotion side - Doyle and Fletcher are clearly head and shoulders above what flatters to be our point of focus at the moment. I really don't see too much above those I've already cited getting a look in. I'd be tempted to put Marlon Harewood in ahead of our current strikers. He's a better option than the misfiring panic buys we currently have, and has the same chance of regaining his former glories as our current number 9. Which might sound harsh, but it's true.

DOYLE???? he was good holding up the ball first season and scored a few but after that...Harewood, you must be a troll?

Nouha Dicko while out injured with a ruptured cruciate >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marlon Harewood

Nouha Dicko while out injured with a ruptured cruciate >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marlon Harewood

aye

DOYLE???? he was good holding up the ball first season and scored a few but after that...Harewood, you must be a troll?

So, of our current strikers. who do you feel would keep Kevin Doyle out of the side? Bod? Mason? A Dicko who looked a shadow of himself last season and is now injured again and may well now not even get back to that?

So, of our current strikers. who do you feel would keep Kevin Doyle out of the side? Bod? Mason? A Dicko who looked a shadow of himself last season and is now injured again and may well now not even get back to that?

well definately Dicko, and Ennis, Wilson too tbf..we will sign a very good striker im sure but can you really advocate Doyle in our first team 2017, the guy constantly falling over and never score?

You're getting Kevin Doyle of 2009 in this hypothetical discussion though. Of course he'd get in our team and we'll struggle to buy anyone better than that this year (Leo could be for all I know, but I doubt it).

Of course he went downhill at an alarming rate of knots after that season but that's not the argument.

My point re Harewood was we currently have an extremely weak bunch of strikers and in a promotion push season it's not generally a good idea to be hanging your goal burden on hoping the guy who scored 3 goals in 31 matches the season before coming back from injury whose currently out injured again regains his form of 3 years ago. That's the same goals Bod scored. Rose tinted glasses and kind sentiments don't win promotion

well definately Dicko, and Ennis, Wilson too tbf..we will sign a very good striker im sure but can you really advocate Doyle in our first team 2017, the guy constantly falling over and never score?

He scored quite a few for Reading the season we went up. Make no mistake, Doyle was a good player for us for the first season and a bit. Didn't score many for us in the prem, but then he would have needed to be world class to do so under those circumstances.

Whether he would really suite our current style of play though I'm not so sure.

yeah, i said he was good the first season but then faded away in alarming pace..

My point re Harewood was we currently have an extremely weak bunch of strikers and in a promotion push season it's not generally a good idea to be hanging your goal burden on hoping the guy who scored 3 goals in 31 matches the season before coming back from injury whose currently out injured again. That's the same goals Bod scored. Rose tinted glasses and kind sentiments don't win promotion

We are clearly in the hunt for a striker (or two) but the good ones are at a premium and the transfers take longer to get over the line (or that seems to be the case when we want one)

Nouha looked sharper in the friendlies he played in and we have no idea on the nature of the injury he has or length of time he will be out. 3 forwards, 2 new plus Dicko, will be a good starting place for this season and we can also look at giving Ennis and Wilson a chance vs Yeovil for example

yeah, i said he was good the first season but then faded away in alarming pace..

Cool...you do realise we're not talking about literally re-signing Kevin Doyle right now? :icon_lol:

I'd love Geoff Thomas of 1993 to partner Neves, the guy who's 53 on Saturday, less so.

Doyle in the one good season he had for us would walk into our team at the moment (if we sign others that may change)

Got used up too quickly

Back