• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

We are clearly in the hunt for a striker (or two) but the good ones are at a premium and the transfers take longer to get over the line (or that seems to be the case when we want one)

Nouha looked sharper in the friendlies he played in and we have no idea on the nature of the injury he has or length of time he will be out. 3 forwards, 2 new plus Dicko, will be a good starting place for this season and we can also look at giving Ennis and Wilson a chance vs Yeovil for example

Ennis is away for at least the next five months.

We only have one spot realistically so we don't need more than Leo + one signing + Dicko. We just need to hope the former two are good.

We are clearly in the hunt for a striker (or two) but the good ones are at a premium and the transfers take longer to get over the line (or that seems to be the case when we want one)

Nouha looked sharper in the friendlies he played in and we have no idea on the nature of the injury he has or length of time he will be out. 3 forwards, 2 new plus Dicko, will be a good starting place for this season and we can also look at giving Ennis and Wilson a chance vs Yeovil for example

Ennis out on loan isn't he? So no chance he is being used (at least until Jan)

My point re Harewood was we currently have an extremely weak bunch of strikers and in a promotion push season it's not generally a good idea to be hanging your goal burden on hoping the guy who scored 3 goals in 31 matches the season before coming back from injury whose currently out injured again regains his form of 3 years ago. That's the same goals Bod scored. Rose tinted glasses and kind sentiments don't win promotion
I agree re Dicko, but I think we're 6 months+ into hoping the old player comes back rather than believing he will. I don't think anybody on here wants him as first choice 9 come Sept 1unless he has the sort of August we don't believe is likely.

Ennis is away for at least the next five months.

We only have one spot realistically so we don't need more than Leo + one signing + Dicko. We just need to hope the former two are good.

Where's Ennis? Have I missed him picking up an injury? Sheesh, I'd give the lad who scored against Posh a shot too from the bench vs Yeovil

Ennis has gone to Shrewsbury.

Samuels is only 16! The Duck will be ahead of him in the pecking order by a mile. He only featured because Dicko got a late injury and all our U23s were in Holland.

I thought we were talking about a hypothetical situation, whereby we somehow get the Doyle that we signed from Reading, not the more recent version that got relegated twice in two seasons with us.

Doyle was good, not great.Fletch and Seb better strikers..Mick preferred Doyle though..still echos in my head "Go on Doyler"..from Mick when trying to press or catch a ball far down the channel

Ennis has gone to Shrewsbury.

Samuels is only 16! The Duck will be ahead of him in the pecking order by a mile. He only featured because Dicko got a late injury and all our U23s were in Holland.

noway samuels is ready..was only temporary

Fucking hell. Reading through the last three pages, I do hope we sign someone soon.

Doyle was good, not great.Fletch and Seb better strikers..Mick preferred Doyle though..still echos in my head "Go on Doyler"..from Mick when trying to press or catch a ball far down the channel

Any of those three would do right now though wouldn't they surely?

As in when each of them were at their peak, and for this coming season.....for the avoidance of doubt.

We require a genuine, one in 2 goal scoring striker. It's a short shopping list.

no, but seriously I agree with you and everybody knows we need a top striker in..that would boost us massively

Doyle was very good for a while, putting himself about and leading the line for us even if never looking particularly lethal. He started falling over constantly because he was winning us cheap free kicks every single time. He just wasn't clever enough to stop it once the refs weren't having it any more.

Back