• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

That first half vs forest is still one of the most dominant performances I've ever seen - not just involving Wolves - and in theory this side has potential to do that. I'm seriously excited
Yeah we have never had a talented team like this in my lifetime

That's probably the best thing to do, even without any strikers in yet. Mason isn't going to be a hit at Wolves, Nd was always a little of an odd signing, especially at the amount of money we spent on him from a limited budget.

I'd have Kightly for right of the front three - ahead of Zyro - and Jones would be an upgrade on Price.
Kightly proper creative, attaking midfielder and Dave Jones, playmaker who i really liked too

That's probably the best thing to do, even without any strikers in yet. Mason isn't going to be a hit at Wolves, Nd was always a little of an odd signing, especially at the amount of money we spent on him from a limited budget.

It was a panic buy at the very end of the January window because we needed someone, anyone, up front after Afobe left, and we were genuinely starting to worry about getting into a relegation scrap again. There's a parallel universe somewhere where things worked just as Thelwell's scouts anticipated, with Mason forming a potent partnership with Zyro to fire Jackett's Wolves up into the playoffs after a miserable Christmas period, but it wasn't to be.

Hugely overpaid even at the time though, he was very obviously at least twice as expensive as he should have been because of how desperate we were.

I'd have Kightly for right of the front three - ahead of Zyro - and Jones would be an upgrade on Price.

Zyro isn't going in the team when everyone is fit is he?

If you want Kightly ahead of Cav or Costa, then I am surprised.

And Price isn't in the team ahead of Saiss at the moment either.

Yeah, I'm saying I think they're stronger backup options off the bench than Zyro or Price are right now (assuming Zyro gets back to his best of course).

not at the moment no

Yeah, I'm saying I think they're stronger backup options off the bench than Zyro or Price are right now (assuming Zyro gets back to his best of course).

But you aren't comparing apples and apples then.

Kightly was a nailed on starter.
Jones was a nailed on starter

You are comparing them with players who will be subs.

Question was who would we bring into the squad

Costa is a number of levels above Kightly & Jarvis

Hopefully Jota & Neves are the same

Kites was brilliant when we were promoted, I’d take him over Cav.

That was the Prem team though. I think Mick's best team was the one that got promoted. I must admit I loved that season, and will hold good memories of it in my heart. Some great times. I think I only missed about 4 away games.

Back