• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

What takes you to the Premier league may not be the same that helps you to stay there. As a matter of fact i doubt it would be. Signing that kind of experienced, mature player even if only for a year would be far from stupid. What is stupid is having such a club stuck in the second tier so many years.

If we go up this season then a lot of these players would probably keep us there though. We've tried every way you could think of to get up and stay up and none of them have worked bar for a few years under Mick McCarthy. This is the first time we've gone for this approach and i'm happy with it, i don't think Lima would fit in with the way we are going right now and i'm comfortable with that. We've got experience in the squad but what we didn't have was quality which we now have and if we do want to sign another striker i'd rather we go for someone younger like we have with the rest of the squad.

I don't think there's any harm in signing an older player like Lima. The issue would be if old players became our norm.

The majority of our incomings (signed or loan) have been at the younger end of the age range so 1 older player is not an issue - what is relevant though is whether they have the quality to perform

Thanks for the advice Steve Bruce..I'll think I'll file it under 'fucking useless'. I understand your experience of English football is far greater than mine so I shall bow to your infinite knowledge... oh wait...

Ibrahimovic at 35 can do one too...

P.S. stop being a dick.

Mod hat on here

Turn it in Johnny. Don't know what bee has got in your bonnet but your posting is not good.

Looking forward to the day SLB is a mod on here...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Or you could have a proper discussion like a grown man and stop being a bell on an internet forum.

Well I tried that by saying it was a silly policy and not what Fosun are trying to achieve. I get a patronising response and called it what it is.

Id do the same with you Slink and if you think that's acting like a bell then that's good with me. Some of the 'higher ground' shite is fucking embarrassing on here.

Well I tried that by saying it was a silly policy and not what Fosun are trying to achieve. I get a patronising response and called it what it is.

Id do the same with you Slink and if you think that's acting like a bell then that's good with me. Some of the 'higher ground' shite is fucking embarrassing on here.

Not a higher ground to be fair just don't think you need to be a dick, that's embarrassing imo. Yeah he was patronising but i'll still reply like i would to anyone else.

Reply to me how you like, i couldn't care less to be honest but if you're going to be a dick then expect to get called out for it.

Iwelumo came to us late in his career and did a great job. As a one off signing, bringing someone with experience in can work.

This is the same guy that said wolves played 3-4-3 for sure because there were 3 CB's in the starting eleven right? Well i dont know his level of "english football knowledge" is but i can tell the general football knowledge is not that high.

Back to topic: funny thing about Bonatini, he is a Traffic player. Or he used to be back in Estoril days. And usually if you play with Traffic(Estoril, Sporting etc) , you dont play with Gestifute (Benfica, Braga, Rio Ave etc) and vice versa. Very interesting if this goes through.

Iwelumo came to us late in his career and did a great job. As a one off signing, bringing someone with experience in can work.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment it doesn't look like it's Fosun policy. Which is the point I was making.

Don't care what age they are if they have the impact that Iwelumo did for that one season I would happily take that

Exactly. We won the last 3 championships and reached champions quarter finals thanks to a 33 year old who is still our best player today. Of course its exciting to have talented youngsters but an old fart up front or at your centre back can be as crucial if not more. Specially when your goal is a promotion.

Exactly. We won the last 3 championships and reached champions quarter finals thanks to a 33 year old who is still our best player today. Of course its exciting to have talented youngsters but an old fart up front or at your centre back can be as crucial if not more. Specially when your goal is a promotion.

Agree - all sides need to be a mix of ages & experience

All at one end of the age range & none at the other rarely works

Back