• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Yes, fans are always right.

Remind me who won our Player of the Year award in 2015/16. I'll trust what I've seen, thanks.

By that logic, you are just as fallible as anyone else. And you've seen less of him than they have.

Can't say I much agree with using "he went to the Middle East" as a stick to beat Leo with. That's a whole lot of money they can offer. He's not a worse person or player for taking it while he could.

Certainly didn't make Manuel Lanzini a worse player (much to Dan's disappointment, I know).

Not when I'm giving my opinion on a player based on what I've seen. Disagree if you like but what do you want me to do, change my mind because you tell me that he's apparently the Denes Rosa of the Potteries?

I've watched him, I watched him for Hannover too, I don't think he's very good.

Can't say I much agree with using "he went to the Middle East" as a stick to beat Leo with. That's a whole lot of money they can offer. He's not a worse person or player for taking it while he could.

Certainly didn't make Manuel Lanzini a worse player (much to Dan's disappointment, I know).

I guess the suspicion is that players that do this can be mercenaries, and maybe lack the desire and bottle to challenge themselves at a higher level.

Might not be a worse person but he might be a worse footballer. He's essentially pissed a full year of his development up the wall at such a crucial stage of his career. We'll see though, he seemed to be on an upward trajectory before he moved to the desert so hopefully he picks up where he left off.

Might not be a worse person but he might be a worse footballer. He's essentially pissed a full year of his development up the wall at such a crucial stage of his career. We'll see though, he seemed to be on an upward trajectory before he moved to the desert so hopefully he picks up where he left off.

Like I say, better to do it in Saudi Arabia than, say, the UAE. I'd say the worst we could expect is a little rust. Assuming there's actually a good player there to begin with. Al-Hilal fans certainly don't think there is.

So is this bonatini guy any good?

More importantly, how on earth do you have a chat with that name in it?

Stoke fans genuinely can't understand why Hughes wants rid of him, but I guess you know better.

I'm not really fussed if we sign him or not, he just seemed a realistic choice who has a good European pedigree and is already settled nearby. Certainly better than someone we've never heard of who chooses to go and play in the middle East instead of staying in Europe.

Not the 2 season ticket holders in my wife's family. They think he's useless.

I guess it's opinions of all fans. But I guess you know better.

Yep, just asked two of my stoke season ticket holder mates and they think he’s shit too.

I'd ask a Stokey at work tomorrow but he's a massive bellend and would just say he's miles better than anything we've got / Hughes should give him a chance / way too good for Wolves.

I'd ask a Stokey at work tomorrow but they're all massive bellends and would just say he's miles better than anything we've got / Hughes should give him a chance / way too good for Wolves.

FFY.

And Bonatini (sp?) is having a medical. Still reckon we will want another forward mind

If Bonatini is arriving on loan then at least it's low risk. Hope he turns out to be more Sturridge than Sagbo.

If Bonatini is arriving on loan then at least it's low risk. Hope he turns out to be more Sturridge than Sagbo.
This will be a Nuno player. He will know him from his time in Portugal. So far the players he wanted look quality so no reason to doubt this lad just yet.

Nope. I've got absolute faith in this regime's recruitment. Fuck that feels good to say

Back