• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Still think that there is a 'signature' signing coming to be the no 1 striker with Dicko, Bonatini (assuming he signs) & Bright fighting out for the bench

Is that bigger or smaller than a 'marquee'?

Marquee signings are big & brash, tipped in all of the sporting press & cost fortunes

Signature signings come in under the radar as someone personally persuaded by Nuno to join the revolution which no one else expects.

Bonatini is better than any other striker at wolves right now. He was linked to Sporting Lisbon during last season and did impress me the season and a half he spent in Estoril. He will guarantee wolves more goals than Joselu would imo...

Bonatini looks a decent signing and it's only a loan if it doesn't come off. Maybe it means that we tried for Gallagher and he won't come because we can't guarantee that he will play every week. I'd still expect us to actually sign a striker and will be slightly disappointed if we don't but think it may be right towards the end of the transfer window once a few other clubs have made their moves and someone becomes available.

Bonatini is better than any other striker at wolves right now. He was linked to Sporting Lisbon during last season and did impress me the season and a half he spent in Estoril. He will guarantee wolves more goals than Joselu would imo...

The first line doesn't mean much, but the rest is good to read. Sounds like he could be a steal.

Suspect that any others will be towards the back end of the window which is OK as long as we end up with a decent signing

A pity that Costa & Cavaleiro are not available from the start as they would help to cover any gap in that area of the field

The first line doesn't mean much, but the rest is good to read. Sounds like he could be a steal.

It's a pretty low bar. Let's be honest, if he fails to score all season he still wouldn't be much worse than the others!

If he is fit, Mendes could easily solve the striker problem:

images (3).jpg

Free agent, would still at that age destroy the championship. And would fit NES formation as a glove.

Have to suspect that Leo is seen as the replacement for Bod - and I'm not great at recognising players SLB. I know it's not Roy of the Rovers but after that I'm struggling...

Cardozo was legendary for me on FM. But a quick wiki tells me he's gone back to Paraguay after only getting 3 in 22 for Olympiacos. So non starter on all levels

Thats Lima. He is 34 but im sure he would still kill it at wolves. Thats a monster of a striker. Dont expect anything fancy but 20 goals... i dont doubt that.

Thats Lima. He is 34 but im sure he would still kill it at wolves. Thats a monster of a striker. Dont expect anything fancy but 20 goals... i dont doubt that.

He wouldn't fit our recruitment strategy right now so I doubt he's the type of player we are looking at.

He wouldn't fit our recruitment strategy right now so I doubt he's the type of player we are looking at.

Your recruitment strategy right now should be whatever gets you on the premier league.

Your recruitment strategy right now should be whatever gets you on the premier league.

Thats a stupid way of looking at things and thankfully Fosun aren't doing that. They are building a premier league spine and possible signings in the Championship which is good long term thinking.

Buying 34 year old players who may or may not be good enough right now will not increase in value so is a very poor business decision and doesn't work in this league.

Thats a stupid way of looking at things and thankfully Fosun aren't doing that. They are building a premier league spine and possible signings in the Championship which is good long term thinking.

Buying 34 year old players who may or may not be good enough right now will not increase in value so is a very poor business decision and doesn't work in this league.

What takes you to the Premier league may not be the same that helps you to stay there. As a matter of fact i doubt it would be. Signing that kind of experienced, mature player even if only for a year would be far from stupid. What is stupid is having such a club stuck in the second tier so many years.

What takes you to the Premier league may not be the same that helps you to stay there. As a matter of fact i doubt it would be. Signing that kind of experienced, mature player even if only for a year would be far from stupid. What is stupid is having such a club stuck in the second tier so many years.

Thanks for the advice Steve Bruce..I'll think I'll file it under 'fucking useless'. I understand your experience of English football is far greater than mine so I shall bow to your infinite knowledge... oh wait...

Back