• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

No, we don't need another cb..i have missed about three pages before i wrote..i was on about Lima

No, we don't need another cb..i have missed about three pages before i wrote..i was on about Lima

And to reiterate, we aren't going to buy a 34 year old striker who has played in Dubai for two years then done nothing for six months because some Benfica fan likes him and he was good in 2012.

There are red flags all over that kind of signing. Yeah, it might work out. I also might get semi-rich if I stick a grand on a 100/1 shot at Newmarket tomorrow. Probably wouldn't be a good idea though.

Well yeah, could go either way

Thought a "Marquee" was a big tent! dreadful Yank term used a lot over here, nearly as bad as the S word

Cant imagine how this forum would have exploded if it had been around when we signed that ageing old has been Dougan to get us out of Division 2

Cant imagine how this forum would have exploded if it had been around when we signed that ageing old has been Dougan to get us out of Division 2

Don't think the forum would exlode if we did sign an older player but it's clear that we probably aren't going to do so is all people are saying.

Bristol City after Mason again. Hopefully on a permanent deal.

I wonder if, after scouting him for so long, they'll know what kind of player he is or just stick him on the bench for a month when they realise he doesn't fit into their team.

Let's hope they take him off our hands and give us some money in the process. Spiers saying that Evans will be off on loan soon - I imagine that will be one with a view to a permanent switch

I doubt coady is the answer - If we got someone superior, id be happy for him to move on, and Bennett or Batth too. We don't need six centre backs.

Coady has actually done really well, and I think the position suits his natural reading of the game and he has the communication skills to pull it off.

Let's hope they take him off our hands and give us some money in the process. Spiers saying that Evans will be off on loan soon - I imagine that will be one with a view to a permanent switch

Wigan, apparently. Decent signing for them.

Coady has actually done really well, and I think the position suits his natural reading of the game and he has the communication skills to pull it off.

He played really well on Saturday. Looks commanding and does simple stuff well. I thought he struck up a good understanding with Boly and Miranda. He's not the best footballer in the world but he dinked one pass out to Graham (I think) over the top of Albrighton like he was Pirlo. Top class stuff.

So Evans looks like he's off to Wigan for the season. Doesn't seem like a logical move to me - he's already had a loan move to a L1 side. I'd have thought he'd have been better off at a mid/lower table Championship side. And why anyone would want to go to Wigan is beyond me.

Agree on Coady, hes looked superb all pre-season and looks a million miles better in that position. All 3 defenders against Leicester have contrasting abilities and it seems to combine really well. Hes not quite good enough on the ball to make it as a midfielder (a decent one that is) but mopping up at the back hes been brilliant.

With Bennett as backup and Hause when he is fit again I think we have a really strong back line but at the moment Coady is a better option to both (never thought I would say that)

Poor Lee.

Only just turned 23 but even then I'd have been trying to sign with a Championship club if I were him. He's got nothing to prove at that level.

Might just be that that *is* his level.

I suspect there were no takers for him in this division as it's a long time since he put together a proper run of games in the Championship, let alone consistently good performances.

Another brace from Aboubakar on a 4-0 win against Depor. Guy is on fire.

4th goal scored by....Marega!

Might just be that that *is* his level.

I suspect there were no takers for him in this division as it's a long time since he put together a proper run of games in the Championship, let alone consistently good performances.

Yeah possibly - but I always thought he was better than that. He's shown glimpses but clearly Nuno isn't convinced.

Evans isn't mobile enough for the role he wants to play and other and a fairly decent range of passing has little else. He will be a really good player in league 1 or another poor championship player (see George Saville)

Whilst deep in thought last night I imagined if we kept KMac and put him alongside Neves, I will leave that thought with you.

Back