• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Hold the phone: why are we being linked to Andre Gray? Is there any hardcore proof, or just the bookies getting excited because he's from Wolverhampton?

I think it's nonsense tbh. He'd get in a good handful of PL matchday squads. And he'd rip this division apart with the players around him. He's perfect for the role for me, but not for this season

I seriously doubt he wants to drop down a division when he'd have other Prem suitors.

I like Evans, and actually think his range of passing would have suited what we are trying to do, especially with the early switches of play that we are going to be using quite often. I've seen him have some fantastic performances at this level so it's a shame he's tailed off a bit since then. Injuries, maybe not best attitude and KJ being a bit of a bell I felt with him. Wigan are getting a good player especially in a Paul Cook team. I've already had them to go up so he will do well there I reckon.

Can we put the Evans V Price argument to bed or is it just that Nuno can't see what others can :D?

People are putting money on Gray which is affecting the bookies odds. Don't know why, it's not going to happen.

Nash says Bonatini is done. Season long loan.

Might just be that that *is* his level.

I suspect there were no takers for him in this division as it's a long time since he put together a proper run of games in the Championship, let alone consistently good performances.

I think that's exactly the point. It may not even involve a pay cut. There are League One sides who will pay our ex-players more money than we did, so in footballing terms it may look like a step down, but if that's your level, where you can look pretty good, and it pays handsomely, make hay while the sun shines. It's a short career.

Tim 1 reckons the Bonatini deal is done.

EDIT: Nando smells.

A good move for Evans and a good signing for Wigan. I like him personally.

Can we put the Evans V Price argument to bed or is it just that Nuno can't see what others can :D?

Put an argument to bed? Don't be ridiculous - this is TWF. People are still arguing over Berra v Stearman.

No the Fosun model so far has not been to sign 34 year old strikers however there is always an exception that proves a rule. Lima may do that. SLB knows this player and thinks he would be a good fit. I dont so I cant comment but if it happens then it would be for the right reasons whereas Villa seem to be spunking cash on players in a far more random way.

When I was thinking about age and strikers the name that came to mind was Jermaine Defoe. Still going strong and scoring. So if we get that type of player now then I cant see a problem. Horses for courses.

Nash also saying we will be bringing in one more (I assume) striker after Bonatini

Thars good news if true

He has done well in pre season, and communication is his strong point - however he's crap in the air, not massively mobile, and not a natural defender, so i wouldn't be unhappy if we replaced him (which we won't) or if hause took his place in the side when he's fit.

Back