• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Was expecting Deslandes to get one given he's played all preseason and looked good at CB against Posh.

While I am no great fan of Mason, surely we won't let him go until we bring in another striker.

While I am no great fan of Mason, surely we won't let him go until we bring in another striker.

I don't even view Mason as that important to be honest. Chances are we could sign a new striker as the window closes and Mason still wouldn't have scored if he played every minute of our opening games.

I'd rather we gave an academy player a run out than Mason. He's really not very good.

I'd rather we gave an academy player a run out than Mason. He's really not very good.

I think Samuels more or less sealed that argument for us.

Was expecting Deslandes to get one given he's played all preseason and looked good at CB against Posh.

I thought he was toss tbh.

He might make a career in L2. Maybe.

Can't remember which way round it was, but he and Simpson went to Pompey and Bury in Jan and neither got any time. This is a good indication of where they are at.

It's a lot of players, Vinagre on top and a likely striker arrival. MGW, Bright, Burgoyne in U23s. Ikeme obviously unavailable. Mason likely out the door. That's 25 senior first team players. Even with 3 current long term injuries of Costa, Marshall and Phil who you'd expect would all make our strongest 18, we've got a lot of players not even likely to get a look in.

we just need a 20+ goal striker/poacher(easy i know) and we are good..good strikers are the toughest to get over the line..simply because you win football games by scoring more than the other team..if you can score a lot, you can even allow some defensive mistakes too..IF we can get a solid, concistant CM box-to-box with good technique i would take that also..

we just need a 20+ goal striker/poacher(easy i know) and we are good..good strikers are the toughest to get over the line..simply because you win football games by scoring more than the other team..if you can score a lot, you can even allow some defensive mistakes too..IF we can get a solid, concistant CM box-to-box with good technique i would take that also..

Although, that isn't the type of striker Nuno wants.

Whenever I see Mason play I think there's nearly a good player there. If only he looked like scoring more often. Having said which I don't see him fitting into the way we're likely to play this season and if we get anywhere near our money back its goodbye and thanks for the Blues goal.
Evans is another who flatters to deceive and needs a move for his career, even if it's only a season long loan.
Prince is the best of this bunch but never seems to get a chance so perhaps I'm wrong to think he might be worth keeping.

Although, that isn't the type of striker Nuno wants.

maybe he wants more of a target player in, or somebody with some height to threaten in the air too..can be a 20+ striker to do that too

maybe he wants more of a target player in, or somebody with some height to threaten in the air too..can be a 20+ striker to do that too

He wants someone who can link up play with one touch football or at least that is what he's been quoted as saying.

He wants someone who can link up play with one touch football or at least that is what he's been quoted as saying.

depends on other players if you can link to another with one touch..otherwise you have to keep hold of the ball until a player shows himself..but we will see, clearly sombody, a good striker will be brought in :)

Back