• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Why would he drop down anyway? Am I missing something? He had a good season last year and is probably one of Burnleys best attackers

Why would he drop down anyway? Am I missing something? He had a good season last year and is probably one of Burnleys best attackers
Apart from being local I think I read his agent is Mendes (no idea if true).

I seriously doubt this one but then I was the 1st one on here to say the link to Neves was bollocks.

Tim Spiers‏Verified account @tim_spiers_Star 3m3 minutes ago

Nothing in the Andre Gray link. All quiet on that front at the moment but plenty going on behind the scenes to sign that elusive striker.

Tim denying his own papers rumour. Idiot.

He really doesn't have a clue does he?

To be fair he isn't denying his own papers rumour. The E&S rumour page collects rumours from all the other papers or sites and puts them on there. They have made that clear from when they started doing it.

Pretty pointless section IMO. Not sure what they gain from having it.

In our favour is the fact that 95%+ of strikers would absolutely love to play ahead of a combination of Costa, Cav, Jota, Neves, Graham and Marshall. That supply line should be dynamite, we just need someone to stick it all away.

That said I don't see why Burnley would sell him.

To be fair he isn't denying his own papers rumour. The E&S rumour page collects rumours from all the other papers or sites and puts them on there. They have made that clear from when they started doing it.

Except nobody was running with the Gray to Wolves rumour before them. A few bookies have us listed as options to sign him which means that someone, somewhere, has put money on it. That's all there was before they decided to put it on their website.

In our favour is the fact that 95%+ of strikers would absolutely love to play ahead of a combination of Costa, Cav, Jota, Neves, Graham and Marshall. That supply line should be dynamite, we just need someone to stick it all away.

That said I don't see why Burnley would sell him.

A year left on his contract and not looking like signing a new one. They'd be asking for a ridiculous fee though. How much did they spend on him? £8M?

A year left on his contract and not looking like signing a new one. They'd be asking for a ridiculous fee though. How much did they spend on him? £8M?

I wonder if he has a release clause in there

Pretty pointless section IMO. Not sure what they gain from having it.

Yeah i'd agree with this. I never read it to be fair as i see the rumours everywhere else.

i'd normally think a club would want to recover some of that outlay rather than risk getting nothing, but all that Prem cash swimming around makes it difficult to judge.

Sky have it as £6 million but transfermarkt have it at £10.5 million. He was linked with Everton last month with the fee being £10 million because he is in the last year of his contract. He'd be a great signing for me.

Iguess it's not that odd if he were to drop down as a Matt Ritchie and Gayle have done it.

If we sign Grey for £10m I'd say he'd pay us back with 20 goals. Add in Costa, Cav, Jota and Willy from the corners and we're about there...

Iguess it's not that odd if he were to drop down as a Matt Ritchie and Gayle have done it.

It's definitely possible but i would imagine there would be Premier league interest in him. Mendes is his agent so you would think Jeff would know if he was available.

I'm sure I read he was asking Burnley for £100K+ a week though.

I think he'd be a no brainer if we get promoted (especially if Burnley hang onto him and let him go for free at the end of the season) but I'd be stunned if we signed him this summer.

Back