• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Where did the suggestion that Nuno wanted a striker that could link play with short, one touch passes come from? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Wells wouldn't fit in with that, more of a poacher/off-the-shoulder pace merchant. He'd certainly be good competition for Nouha, although I'm not sure he's quite as good as some people make him out to be.

Where did the suggestion that Nuno wanted a striker that could link play with short, one touch passes come from? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Wells wouldn't fit in with that, more of a poacher/off-the-shoulder pace merchant. He'd certainly be good competition for Nouha, although I'm not sure he's quite as good as some people make him out to be.
I think it was Tim 2?

With Boro splashing nearly £7m on Ashley Fletcher and having already got Gestede and Assombalonga together with Stuani you would think Bamford would be surplus to requirements and he would fit this role of a technically proficient link player much better than a poacher like Wells.

£7m! Jesus Christ.

9 goals in League One and a solitary League Cup goal and he's going for that.

With Boro splashing nearly £7m on Ashley Fletcher and having already got Gestede and Assombalonga together with Stuani you would think Bamford would be surplus to requirements and he would fit this role of a technically proficient link player much better than a poacher like Wells.

Stuani joined Girona the other day.

Stuani has gone. Now at Girona

They're selling Gaston Ramirez as well though so they might be wanting Bamford to play #10 behind Britt/Gestede/Fletcher. Traore & Braithwaite out wide.

He would be a good fit if that's the type of striker Nuno thinks will work in our new formation though.

Nelson Oliveira would be perfect really. I think we'd have to pay way over the odds though.

They're selling Gaston Ramirez as well though so they might be wanting Bamford to play #10 behind Britt/Gestede. Traore & Braithwaite out wide.

I thought Braithwaite was a speed merchant forward. I think Traore is off isn't he? Didn't know that about Ramirez maybe that's why they've got Fletcher. Monk is very much a direct ball man going on how his Swansea team moved and his Leeds team played so they need a target man and pace merchant playing of him which would be Gestede and Assombalonga. However we'll see how they set up in less than 14 days time :)

I thought Braithwaite was a speed merchant forward. I think Traore is off isn't he? Didn't know that about Ramirez maybe that's why they've got Fletcher. Monk is very much a direct ball man going on how his Swansea team moved and his Leeds team played so they need a target man and pace merchant playing of him which would be Gestede and Assombalonga. However we'll see how they set up in less than 14 days time :)

Boro fans on FF seem to think he's staying. I'm not sure I'd be quite as thrilled about it as they all seem to be but that's another story.

Braithwaite's main position is up front but looking at their squad you'd expect him to line up on the left (he did play there quite a bit for Toulouse).

Sat next to Cameron Jerome once in Fallowfield Nandos. He was on a date and was wearing his Stoke City trackie bottoms. My mates kept shouting "Stoookkeeeyyyy!" in his general direction. He left soon after.

Tom Cruise to play me in the film.

Please accept my apologies, SLB.

I didn't read it properly. Saw the name Raul and didn't put it together that it was Jimenez for some reason.

Sorry gents.

Accepted. No problem!

Is it just me or is there a lot of transfer rumours based on bookies odds this season? Don't recall us ever really being linked with players via odds before this pre-season

Latest one - "Wolves are among the bookies favourites to sign Burnley striker Andre Gray"

Looks like German Phil will be out until September, with an 'unspecified' injury that he had when we signed him. Wtf?

So currently we only have Doherty as a RB, so we could do with another.

Looks like German Phil will be out until September, with an 'unspecified' injury that he had when we signed him. Wtf?

So currently we only have Doherty as a RB, so we could do with another.

Jordan Graham, right wing back and superstar

Back