• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

No word on portuguese media about Raul. Remember the guy i said we paid 22M for with the promise he would go to China for 60? Thats good old Raul. He refused going there twice. He is the man of the tough goals. He was Mitroglou sub most of his time here but when we were desperate for a goal, there he was with a screamer. But he is not a 20 goals per season striker. He tends to move to the wings quite often which always got on my nerves. He is very fast, good technique, good long shots but...there is always something missing. But for championship level he could work. We signed Seferovic and are linked with Vietto. With Jonas and Mitroglou also around i dont see him having much time this season.

He did cost 22M. He is a mexican international, played in the starting eleven in the confederations cup. So im sure Benfica will ask at least 35-40M...

PS: Aboubakar scored a brace yesterday for Porto. Great pre season for him.

Ignore me, I skimmed it and didn't understand.

Last edited:
You've been told before, post none Wolves related info in the other thread, stop posting all this Benficas bull$#@! in a Wolves thread.

Raul Jimenez is linked with Wolves??? Im doing a player review like i did with all linked players from Liga NOS. Whats the problem with people here?

Linked to Raul Jimenez today. I think that one's too mental even for this transfer window.

Raul Jimenez is linked with Wolves???

He is/was, aboubakar too. Thanks for the info - doubt we will see either of them here by the sounds of it.

You've been told before, post none Wolves related info in the other thread, stop posting all this Benficas bullshit in a Wolves thread.

We were talking about Raul Jiminez tbf. He's obviously not going to come and it was never much of a link but he was mentioned.

I find all the Benfica info interesting and it's certainly not irrelevant on this thread with our connections. I hope SLB keeps posting it personally.

He is/was, aboubakar too. Thanks for the info - doubt we will see either of them here by the sounds of it.

I know. It wasnt a question. It was anos answer to that angry post...

You've been told before, post none Wolves related info in the other thread, stop posting all this Benficas bullshit in a Wolves thread.
This is uncalled for. As unlikely as the link to the player may be, it's still info on a player we've been linked to previously therefore wholly relevant.

We're fortunate, in my view, to get this level of insight from SLB. Obviously we've all taken the anti-Mendes stuff with a pinch of salt but, on balance, I find his contributions to be valuable and look forward to hearing his views on players we've signed and, yes, players we've been linked to.

Well I thought it was irrelevant too. None of them have been seriously linked to us recently.

Whether you find it relevant or not, such rudeness is out of order. Play nicely, please.

This is uncalled for. As unlikely as the link to the player may be, it's still info on a player we've been linked to previously therefore wholly relevant.

We're fortunate, in my view, to get this level of insight from SLB. Obviously we've all taken the anti-Mendes stuff with a pinch of salt but, on balance, I find his contributions to be valuable and look forward to hearing his views on players we've signed and, yes, players we've been linked to.

Agreed.

As we have an ever growing Portuguese contingent at the club, it is helpful to have a Portuguese view on players we have signed and those we have been linked with (no matter how tenuous the link is). I hope SLB keeps up the contributions to the thread. Just ignore his anti-Mendes rants :icon_wink:

I find all the Benfica info interesting and it's certainly not irrelevant on this thread with our connections. I hope SLB keeps posting it personally.
Me to. My concern is one day SLB will pull the plug on posting here. Then we're left with Tim II's source for all news from Portugal.

A year left on his contract too

Raul Jimenez is linked with Wolves??? Im doing a player review like i did with all linked players from Liga NOS. Whats the problem with people here?
Please accept my apologies, SLB.

I didn't read it properly. Saw the name Raul and didn't put it together that it was Jimenez for some reason.

Sorry gents.

Back