• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Who cares anyway? More people interested in Wolves the better IMO

With all the shit that the E&S and Spiers in particular have pulled over the last year with all the click-bait bullshit, the KJ love in after he was replaced and the mini character assassination job he did on Jeff Shi after Lambert was replaced does he really expect full access to Wolves and the manager?

The agenda the E&S have had ever since Instone left has killed them stone dead in terms of access. I don't know why they persist with it because it turns far more people off than encourages viewing. They've had numerous chances - 2 x changes of ownership, loads of different managers, three different chief Wolves reporters...always the same. It must be an editorial thing (and they do have some seriously distasteful people high up), personally I believe any self-respecting serious journalist would refuse to portray that in their writing. They evidently employ supine people who write what they're told to write. The consequence is that they get nothing in terms of information. Rightly so.

Who cares anyway? More people interested in Wolves the better IMO

Certainly better as it makes the owners chuck more in as they can see the long term gain on their investment paying off.

The agenda the E&S have had ever since Instone left has killed them stone dead in terms of access. I don't know why they persist with it because it turns far more people off than encourages viewing. They've had numerous chances - 2 x changes of ownership, loads of different managers, three different chief Wolves reporters...always the same. It must be an editorial thing (and they do have some seriously distasteful people high up), personally I believe any self-respecting serious journalist would refuse to portray that in their writing. They evidently employ supine people who write what they're told to write. The consequence is that they get nothing in terms of information. Rightly so.

Their editor once blocked me on Twitter (over the Morgan Hillsborough stuff) and called me down to the office.

Turns out they just wanted to get me back onside so I'd use them for advertising my workplace. Cretins.

Their editor once blocked me on Twitter (over the Morgan Hillsborough stuff) and called me down to the office.

Turns out they just wanted to get me back onside so I'd use them for advertising my workplace. Cretins.

Yeah the editor blocked me too. I didn't tweet anything nasty, just that he was wrong to criticise his Twitter followers as 'white noise'. Tabloid wannabes.

Yeah and don't we know it...

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4550594d476b76342d7447362d513d3d2d3330393837363135372e313437333236303766393365383862363435353239353834373639392e676966

Yeah the editor blocked me too. I didn't tweet anything nasty, just that he was wrong to criticise his Twitter followers as 'white noise'. Tabloid wannabes.

I often see him at the Grand panto launches and University posh dinners. He's a very distasteful man.

Only downside of all of this new found enthusiasm from some will mean that it might be harder to get tickets for non season holders.

The Wolves membership at £17.50 is looking more & more like a very good purchase (even more so as used what was left of last season's ticket cash to reduce to cost to £10.75)

"I was there when Darren Potter played on the wing, I'll have you know".

Part of me wants this to be Alan making up some kind of silly name, yet another part is already working out a) how much a shirt with that name on it would cost, and b) what song(s) could be sung with credit to such an amazing name.
If it's true (and I have no reason to believe that it is), Zungu and Neves would be possibly the best midfield pair ever at this level.

Everyone will pretend they were at those successive nil nil home draws

Was at one or two, but as a non S/T holder who can't afford too many consecutive games from this far out never got the full 'experience'

Not been as traumatised as a result though

P O T , T E R, Darren Potter wears a bra

I was theeereee maaaan

Last edited:
Back