• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I fortunately missed all of that.

I did however go to the home game against Ipswich when Solbakken was in charge. Good god.

Or worse, the Saunders debacle.

I was there when Paddy stormed off out of the ground, calling all the players "fucking cunts". Which was less than 2 minutes after he called people storming out of the ground "fucking cunts" for leaving early.

To be fair to him, it was O'Hara's fault.

I was there when Paddy stormed off out of the ground, calling all the players "fucking cunts". Which was less than 2 minutes after he called people storming out of the ground "fucking cunts" for leaving early.

Everything is O'Hara's fault

The days of Jody Craddock and Gary Breen as our lightning quick CB pairing too.

Huddersfield (H) ?

I did however go to the home game against Ipswich when Solbakken was in charge. Good god.
I'll never be able to blame Ståle for being smarter and more motivated than all of those chumps combined (save Sako, Sylvan, and Broken Bone Boukari).

I knew we'd get relegated that day. We couldn't even out-football or outwit a Mick McCarthy side where even Michael Chopra nearly scored.

To be fair, Kevin Doyle did quite well during that season too. Or at least looked like he cared.

If it's true (and I have no reason to believe that it is), Zungu and Neves would be possibly the best midfield pair ever at this level.

Yeah that was a particular low point in terms of games I've attended. That and Mick's last game

Out of interest: won't next year be Edwards' testimonial year? Can't see us selling him just based off that, really.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bi...es-signing-atltico-madrid-winger-13365006.amp

Just a rehash of the Nash info' there but one thing that did stick out to me was their claim that Helder is out until December. Might have missed something but I thought we were talking 6 weeks with him?

It's 6-10 weeks, we are confident it's towards the lower end of that scale. We're looking more September than December.

Unlike the Brum Mail not to check things properly...

Out of interest: won't next year be Edwards' testimonial year? Can't see us selling him just based off that, really.

Think that it is - expect that he'll be kept on as Jody was but not play that much (if at all) during that period. Ceremonial Club Captain once Batth is sold, which is looking more likely to give a semblance of continuity

Dave will still get games. Just not to the level that Lambo had him at (started every game bar one that he was available for, substituted him in one game and that's because he'd got a massive whack on the head)

Can see Edwards playing the Lg cup games and being on the bench more often than not& come on late to help try & close games off when needed.

Be surprised if he starts that many lg games though

Alex Goncalves‏ @Aljeeves10 1h1 hour ago
Finally news coming out of Portugal that Diogo Jota will move to Wolves on a season loan. Shows the real pulling power the club now has.

I believe it now

I'd wager he'll start 15-20 at least, unless we sign another dedicated CM (we should, but I'm not sure we will).

I will also go to his testimonial because for all the stick I give him, purely on a footballing level, he's a great guy and I know the money will go to a good place.

he might not even start that many. He'll be useful to have in and around the squad, and it's a long season so he will have his uses.

Back