• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Everyone will pretend they were at those successive nil nil home draws
"I was there when doherty allowed an easy ball to sail over his head on the halfway line for a shit leeds team to beat us 1-0"

"i was there for md dons when we lined up 4-5-1"
Was at one or two, but as a non S/T holder who can't afford too many consecutive games from this far out never got the full 'experience'

Not been as traumatised as a result though
For peeps like you and I, we got a recovery period inbetween, and our club love was rekindled.
STH's do it for the love. But it is possible that in 6 months time some of those could be wondering why it has taken so long to do what we seem to be doing at the moment.

For your viewing pleasure:

:wank:

Fuck me. If he signs the opposition team talk will be:

You 2 have to mark costa, we have to stop him
you 2 have to mark caveleiro, we have to stop him
you 2 have to mark neves, we have to stop him
you 2 have to mark Jota, we have to stop him....
oh fuck!

oh fuck!

And the blonde lad over there in the number 4. Just let him run around..

Is there an official term to describe that genre of euro beat club music that seems to accompany every highlights edit for European players?

If we ever get a full strength side out it could be stupidly good for a championship team!
Is it greedy to still want a proper, quality striker though?

Oh and I didn't go to Chorley but did see the home game. When we're premier league champions in a few years time I'm looking forward to being able to say I'm one of only a few thousand people who have seen the team they support be champions of every division in England. :breakdance:

Yep I could tick that box!

I'd be quite happy seeing jota, cav and Costa rotate as that three. They can all finish, great tekkers, pace...the combination play they could come up with would be a jizzathon

oh fuck!

And if you do all that you will still have Matt Doherty coming up the right hand side & slamming one in from 35yrds :icon_biggrin:

I'd be quite happy seeing jota, cav and Costa rotate as that three. They can all finish, great tekkers, pace...the combination play they could come up with would be a jizzathon

Tekkers? Is that the ability to look shite for 88 minutes but score four goals during the other 2?

"I was there when doherty allowed an easy ball to sail over his head on the halfway line for a shit leeds team to beat us 1-0"

Correction, he did a Mancienne and let it drop over his head nearish the corner flag. Then decided to run past the ball and subsequently backheel it into the path of Kemar Roofe.

Correction, he did a Mancienne and let it drop over his head nearish the corner flag. Then decided to run past the ball and subsequently backheel it into the path of Kemar Roofe.

I didn't attend another match last season after that particular debacle. I was really hoping we'd get shut of him for this season.

"I was there when doherty allowed an easy ball to sail over his head on the halfway line for a $#@! leeds team to beat us 1-0"

"i was there for md dons when we lined up 4-5-1"

For peeps like you and I, we got a recovery period inbetween, and our club love was rekindled.
STH's do it for the love. But it is possible that in 6 months time some of those could be wondering why it has taken so long to do what we seem to be doing at the moment.

I remember the managerial chat after DJ was sacked on whatever forum it was. some of us wanted a better coaching set up - identify and bring through talented youngsters - a more European type operation. but i'd say the general view was that it would take ten years to work out and for many that was considered far too long to wait!

it also seems weird if one of the benefits of being older is remembering the days when your football team was a bit shit.

One of the benefits of my age is remembering the days when my team was a bit good.

Fucking Jota, this is becoming surreal. I can see a whacking great striker deal being announced before the end of next week.

Fucking Jota, this is becoming surreal. I can see a whacking great striker deal being announced before the end of next week.

nintchdbpict000313864396.jpg

Before Jota I felt like "they won't not sign a decent striker to finish this off", so I deffo think it now!

DW wants a CM in. We are a bit light there, but maybe 2 is being greedy.

Unless Diogo is the striker. Or are we signing him so we can rotate Jota/Cavaleiro/Costa and avoid what happened last year when our form dropped off if one of Cav/Costa were unavailable.

Back