• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

But of course there is also a downside. Us older people can also remember when we were very poor indeed. One extreme to the other.

But of course there is also a downside. Us older people can also remember when we were very poor indeed. One extreme to the other.

Frank, us oldies have had it all, and I love the newbies are getting a hard on, they deserve it, I am even a tad erect myself at the moment, but I won't be preferring the bone anytime soon , my life with wolves has always been premature just when I thought I had nailed the bitch!

Yes, was thinking of this earlier. Have been at Molineux when we were literally bottom of the old 4th division and the club couldn't pay the milkman.
Think we're entitled to enjoy the moment even if it's all fell a bit flat by 5PM August 5th.

Tim Nash‏
@TimNash_1

Now hearing Diogo Jota will make his debut for @Wolves in their friendly at @shrewsweb tomorrow.

Tim Nash‏
@TimNash_1

Now hearing Diogo Jota will make his debut for @Wolves in their friendly at @shrewsweb tomorrow.
Not bad, seeing as he hasn't even signed yet. If this turns out to be true then Spiers will be fuming that Nash is murking him!

Not bad, seeing as he hasn't even signed yet. If this turns out to be true then Spiers will be fuming that Nash is murking him!
Spiers chose the wrong day to have a holiday

Yes, was thinking of this earlier. Have been at Molineux when we were literally bottom of the old 4th division and the club couldn't pay the milkman.
Think we're entitled to enjoy the moment even if it's all fell a bit flat by 5PM August 5th.

Indeed. Wolves fans have been starved of success for thirty plus years.

There can also be no doubt that we are signing some very talented players who should not be playing in the championship. But the big question is whether they will all gel.

Indeed. Wolves fans have been starved of success for thirty plus years.

There can also be no doubt that we are signing some very talented players who should not be playing in the championship. But the big question is whether they will all gel.

I'd guess that as the majority are Portuguese then there is a good chance they will gel a lot better than if we were bringing in players from different parts of the World.

Have been at Molineux when we were literally bottom of the old 4th division and the club couldn't pay the milkman.

Mental. My grandad who was Wolves has passed but he'd have seen all that

Mental. My grandad who was Wolves has passed but he'd have seen all that

While we had an awful team in the dark days, away games really were a great day out. four of us used to travel to every away game, and while we expected Wolves to get soundly beaten, we made some good friends and visited some great football clubs. The real supporters are those who follow their team in the lower divisions.

I'd guess that as the majority are Portuguese then there is a good chance they will gel a lot better than if we were bringing in players from different parts of the World.

I think it's telling that a lot of these players have worked with Nuno before.

I work with a guy who has met Nuno a few times, including once sitting in on a Q&A where Nuno was explaining his coaching methods/philosophies. Nuno apparently admitted himself that he isn't the most flexible manager, he has his own way of playing and he can be very demanding. He said that initially he had a lot of resistance to his methods from certain players when he took over at Valencia, that it took 9 months for him to get some of them to really buy into what he wanted to do and that it was only until 12 months in that he was satisfied that the whole squad understood the system perfectly. He apparently had the players standing outside for hours moving them around like chess pieces until they knew exactly what he wanted them to do in any particular situation.

The players he's bringing in now will have been the ones that really bought in to it, understand the system perfectly already, liked playing under him and that he knows will be able to help bring the rest of our squad up to speed.

Definitely. Although I still maintain Helder is underrated by most Portuguese fans.

Do you think Diogo would be able to play as the striker in a front 3 with Costa & Cavaleiro either side?
No. Is a Winger/Second striker. Only if Wolves play without a striker, like Barça with Messi a few years ago.

No. Is a Winger/Second striker. Only if Wolves play without a striker, like Barça with Messi a few years ago.

Positions change. Messi used to be a #10, now he's very much a winger.

Back