• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Sean Sweeney - Striker coming in is an ex premier league player,still fairly young,hungry & scores goals & there's more............

He certainly knows someone at the club, but also gets a lot wrong.

Dwight Gayle? Heard a rumour that he walked out of NUFC's training camp in Ireland after being refused permission to talk to Wolves. That might be just bollocks though.

If we can sign a decent striker with those inside forward options we have to push the top 2, again the message from Portugal is that Jota is ridiculously good so we might have the likes of Cav on the bench!! 1 striker and 1 CM to go for me and I think we can get automatic promotion. I could see us having a little bit of a wobbly start with so many new coming in etc... but once things click I just don't see that kind of quality elsewhere.

Luckily most of the new boys have hit the ground running from day 1 of pre-season and having watched the games you can see why, hopefully we get the rest of our business done in the next few weeks and we can get cracking.

Would prefer a striker coming in that is a bit taller than dicko so we have options in the air..like gayle though

Does Dwight Gayle work hard enough for a high pressing, defend from the front system?

Newcastle fans I know really rate him and said he should've played more last season by Benitez messed him about. They also said that if we get him he'll score goals and we'll go up

Nash still saying Jota will play, Spiers saying he won't. The conclusion will be more exciting than the game.

Tim vs Tim!! Will Jota play or won't he?

There's only one way to find out....

Harry_Hill_Fight.jpeg

Nash still saying Jota will play, Spiers saying he won't. The conclusion will be more exciting than the game.

I tend to go with Spiers. He will be showed off to the world as per usual before he plays.. The deal will go over the weekend for me as well.

Spiers needs this win and I think he will get it.

Would he have to be a fully registered player to play in a friendly?

Needs clearance from the FA and possibly his international clearance to come through (Not sure on that part though)

Harry got round the rules once regarding International clearance by claiming when the player gave his name they thought he was English. That player was Amdy Faye and they put him on the sheet as Andy Henry.

Can you imagine it. A trialist thats a LA Liga and Champions League midfielder... :)

Yeah I think Spiers will be correct, dont think he will play today either

Have to say finding the Nash V Spier's thing funny. Just adding to the busy few weeks we've had. It's flew by for me, season starts again soon!

I hope Spiers is wrong as it will put him firmly in the bin as far as Wolves info is concerned. He might then realise that writing complete bollox about Wolves and it's owners wasn't the brightest thing he's ever done

Back