• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I think it's telling that a lot of these players have worked with Nuno before.

I work with a guy who has met Nuno a few times, including once sitting in on a Q&A where Nuno was explaining his coaching methods/philosophies. Nuno apparently admitted himself that he isn't the most flexible manager, he has his own way of playing and he can be very demanding. He said that initially he had a lot of resistance to his methods from certain players when he took over at Valencia, that it took 9 months for him to get some of them to really buy into what he wanted to do and that it was only until 12 months in that he was satisfied that the whole squad understood the system perfectly. He apparently had the players standing outside for hours moving them around like chess pieces until they knew exactly what he wanted them to do in any particular situation.

The players he's bringing in now will have been the ones that really bought in to it, understand the system perfectly already, liked playing under him and that he knows will be able to help bring the rest of our squad up to speed.

Interesting and sounds good.

Helder Costa
Ivan Cavaleiro
Rubén Neves
Diogo Jota

Excuse me while I go and have some alone time with a picture of Jorge Mendes.

While we had an awful team in the dark days, away games really were a great day out. four of us used to travel to every away game, and while we expected Wolves to get soundly beaten, we made some good friends and visited some great football clubs. The real supporters are those who follow their team in the lower divisions.

Those were the days Frank used to go everywhere with the a Hatherton wolves when we were rubbish but so what we had great days out and everyone was together and then Bully came along and things changed and watching wolves was fun again. Still see the hatherton lads around today when I go drinking in wolvo the likes of roy and the daves and we always talk about them days when we took only a couple of hundred away at places like chester expecting to get beat but having a great day none the less. Wolves are in our blood end of I am hoping that we have a new dawn with our new owners and its gonna be fun to see us these great new signings but whatever we are wolves

Those were the days Frank used to go everywhere with the a Hatherton wolves when we were rubbish but so what we had great days out and everyone was together and then Bully came along and things changed and watching wolves was fun again. Still see the hatherton lads around today when I go drinking in wolvo the likes of roy and the daves and we always talk about them days when we took only a couple of hundred away at places like chester expecting to get beat but having a great day none the less. Wolves are in our blood end of I am hoping that we have a new dawn with our new owners and its gonna be fun to see us these great new signings but whatever we are wolves

I recall seeing a "Hatherton Wolves" banner at many grounds. From what I can remember they went everywhere with the team, and doubtless I shared a beer or two with some of them. And yes you are correct, we were rather poor, but no-one seemed to worry about that. We expected defeat, so just made sure we had a good day out, and on the rare occasion that we won we all went home numb with shock..

I work with a guy who has met Nuno a few times, including once sitting in on a Q&A where Nuno was explaining his coaching methods/philosophies. Nuno apparently admitted himself that he isn't the most flexible manager, he has his own way of playing and he can be very demanding. He said that initially he had a lot of resistance to his methods from certain players when he took over at Valencia, that it took 9 months for him to get some of them to really buy into what he wanted to do and that it was only until 12 months in that he was satisfied that the whole squad understood the system perfectly. He apparently had the players standing outside for hours moving them around like chess pieces until they knew exactly what he wanted them to do in any particular situation.

The players he's bringing in now will have been the ones that really bought in to it, understand the system perfectly already, liked playing under him and that he knows will be able to help bring the rest of our squad up to speed.

I wonder if that's why he likes Price and Coady. They seem to get the way Nuno wants to play. Not always the best players make the best team and maybe we'll see the best of them and dare I say it, the cheery Irish soul we had at left back last season.

He likes Coady because he's vocal and he's a good bloke.

Neither applies to Ower Matt.

As much as I think Doc is a miserable twat, he does seem to be popular with the other players.

That's because he always buys the drinks at the Penn Curry House

Hmmm so did i. I must have met both You and Frank.
I remember Weat Ham away there were 2 wolves coaches 1 Westa Ham Fan got thrown out and it took 4 coppers to drag him out.

If a team containing Doherty is good enough to challenge and he is an integral performing part I have no issues. Round pegs round holes and a sprinkling of quality. I am in. I am excited. I am learning Portuguese.

Sounds a bit like Pulis in as much as he wants every player to understand their role and positioning is critical. A friend's lad was in the youth team at Stoke when Pulis was there and regularly had sessions lasting hours without a ball in sight.

The good news is that Nuno also clearly appreciates attacking players with flair so no need to panic!

Hmmm so did i. I must have met both You and Frank.
I remember Weat Ham away there were 2 wolves coaches 1 Westa Ham Fan got thrown out and it took 4 coppers to drag him out.

There is a good chance I met some of the wrinklies on here before they were wrinklies. While I was dismayed by our football, the camaraderie was special.

Sounds a bit like Pulis in as much as he wants every player to understand their role and positioning is critical. A friend's lad was in the youth team at Stoke when Pulis was there and regularly had sessions lasting hours without a ball in sight.

The good news is that Nuno also clearly appreciates attacking players with flair so no need to panic!

Nuno is the opposite of Pulis, he insisted on the players working with a football from day one

Yeah, dont ever compare nuno to pulis please

Sean Sweeney - Striker coming in is an ex premier league player,still fairly young,hungry & scores goals & there's more............

He certainly knows someone at the club, but also gets a lot wrong.

OG Tim says he (Jota)won't play today but that the deal is Jiminent.

So it is.. I'm up too early in anticipation of us announcing the signing like we did with Neves around this time

Sounds like Jota will be suited to either inside forward role beside the striker, pretty good rotation with him Costa and Cav if/when they are all available!

Back