• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Of course not. That was Union Jack.

There are plenty of arseholes who REALLY don't like our new revolution and want it to fall flat. Spiers harping back to Lambert all the time is a classic example. And the new regime is also very clearly being open when they want to, but is also shutting up any of the leaks that people like Spiers and Fielden feed upon. Those two will end up looking like an ignorant irrelevance, and they don't like it, so we should expect negativity from them to continue.

Do you think the supposed interest in Benik is true? I just don't see it happening

Do I think we're interested? Probably, yes

Do I think it'll happen? Well, he'll have to drop his ego for a while. Which is a big ask. He isn't going to get another PL move right now though, he's essentially failed at Bournemouth. Not going to play much either with King's form last season, Defoe joining and if Wilson isn't broken forever, Howe prefers him.

I'd like to see a three behind a striker, we have to buy one though imo because we haven't got one anywhere near good enough.

Fielden comes across like a complete bellend. Apparently staff aren't happy but he refuses to say why and gives off the impression that he and Timbo know everything while everyone else knows nothing. Definitely doesn't understand FFP either as we are nowhere near breaking it and would sell Costa, Cav etc if we don't go up which would negate any spending.

Which staff? We sacked them all and if he means a bomb-squad of players then tough shit, see ya

Which staff? We sacked them all and if he means a bomb-squad of players then tough shit, see ya
Well it ain't the marketing staff either, their job has just become a lot easier flogging handsome Portuguese men...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thinking about the Boly signing; I know we were linked with him last year and there were murmurs again this but with the signing of Bennett, Ofosu-Ayeh, Roderick and Douglas and already having Batth, Hause and Iorfa I thought the only addition to the defence would be a keeper. Perhaps Mr Batth HAS taken the loss of his captaincy badly and so Boly is being brought in on loan to enable us to bin Batth and keep a strong defence with competition in all positions

(this is just me doing a Timbo and trying to add up)

Conveniently he goes quiet when pushed to say who. He blatantly doesn't know anything but apparently every signing is still down to Mendes including Douglas who is indirectly linked to him...

Conveniently he goes quiet when pushed to say who. He blatantly doesn't know anything but apparently every signing is still down to Mendes including Douglas who is indirectly linked to him...

Sorry Cristiano, I can't deal with your tax affairs and spat with Real Madrid right now. I need to sort out the transfer of an uncapped 27 year old Scottish left back from a Turkish club to a mid-table Championship team.

I think Batth will go.

We'd certainly have no problem getting rid of him. There'll be plenty of takers for a 26 year old, 6 ft 3 in centre back with 250 appearances, 2 League 1 promotions under his belt and the captains armband of a big club for 4 seasons.

On paper he'd be a good buy for a lot of teams in this league. Even a Boro or a Hull might take a look after they inevitably lose Gibson & Maguire to a Premier League team.

I took the reference to unhappy staff as a reference to some players rather than the bloke who sweeps the stands.
Suppose Mr Shouty might be upset by a whole raft of new foreign names to mangle.

I took the reference to unhappy staff as a reference to some players rather than the bloke who sweeps the stands.
Suppose Mr Shouty might be upset by a whole raft of new foreign names to mangle.

And I repeat... if he means a bomb-squad of players then tough $#@!, see ya

I don't think Spiers or Fielden want us to fail at all. I disagree with them over their reluctance to embrace the new regime but I don't doubt that they want us and Fosun to be successful.

Most should realise that Journalism is defined into two categories to spark debate. The journalist who is in agreement and the journalist who is against. Not one journalist ever plays the one card all the while despite what people think of Spiers..

I don't think Spiers or Fielden want us to fail at all. I disagree with them over their reluctance to embrace the new regime but I don't doubt that they want us and Fosun to be successful.

Fielden has been snubbed by Fosun and is allowing that to qualify his writing.

Very unprofessional

Most should realise that Journalism is defined into two categories to spark debate. The journalist who is in agreement and the journalist who is against. Not one journalist ever plays the one card all the while despite what people think of Spiers..

It's not so much that, opinions are opinions.

It's wilfully ignoring facts or spreading stuff that patently isn't true which riles people.

Fielden has been snubbed by Fosun and is allowing that to qualify his writing.

Very unprofessional

He's not really a writer anyway, never has been. As I say he's never had contacts here to the best of my knowledge nor has he ever written anything of any note about Wolves. He's insignificant, if we didn't know he was on the Fans' Parliament when he was about 9 and used to post on Mol Mix years ago (when he had nothing to say), no-one would ever pay any attention to him.

Back