• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Saw him play for Cameroon in the Confed Cup, he was bloody awful! Clearly he has some talent and that was probably a bad day but regardless I don't think he'll be coming here. Newcastle are fairly desperate for a striker or two and he's been strongly linked there.

If they could buy a couple and make Dwight Gayle available then that would be ideal for us.

Edit: "Dave Jenkins" is "Agent Dave", ignore. He just makes stuff up. Here you go, Spurs are close to signing Marchisio. I've just linked one random club to a random player, that has as much credence as anything from that account.

Saw him play for Cameroon in the Confed Cup, he was bloody awful! Clearly he has some talent and that was probably a bad day but regardless I don't think he'll be coming here. Newcastle are fairly desperate for a striker or two and he's been strongly linked there.

If they could buy a couple and make Dwight Gayle available then that would be ideal for us.

Edit: "Dave Jenkins" is "Agent Dave", ignore. He just makes stuff up. Here you go, Spurs are close to signing Marchisio. I've just linked one random club to a random player, that has as much credence as anything from that account.

Ah, my fault. Carry on.

Dont listen to Dan all the while. Live the dream Alan. LIVE THE DREAM !!!

Is this going to be like the time you basically did the above but replace Spurs with Wolves and Marchisio with Emi Martinez?

Is this going to be like the time you basically did the above but replace Spurs with Wolves and Marchisio with Emi Martinez?

Law of probability suggests I'll do that again in about 40 years

He's not really a writer anyway, never has been. As I say he's never had contacts here to the best of my knowledge nor has he ever written anything of any note about Wolves. He's insignificant, if we didn't know he was on the Fans' Parliament when he was about 9 and used to post on Mol Mix years ago (when he had nothing to say), no-one would ever pay any attention to him.
This.

If we signed Gayle we'd be one of the favourites for promotion (assuming the new defence is half decent). He'll have plenty of suitors though.

Coral have Twatted that we're in for Aboubakar.

I'm looking forward to this week to see if any of these moves come off

My worry currently is over ambition, it currently feels a bit like when you've cheat on championship manager 3 by getting your side 200 million, it's all very well offering crazy deals but you have got to complete them for it to be worth it. Plenty of time left but I don't want us to over reach and end up with nothing, or Dave Edwards, which is less than nothing.

We are going to fuming when Seb Larsson and Hugil are revealed this week.....

The Aboubakar link seems more than a little bit dodgy. A betting site and Agent Dave have tweeted it and Dan Hagen has said he hasn't heard anything about it. Portuguese football seems leakier that a chocolate teapot, if we'd bid £9M for Aboubakar the whole world would know.

Dave Edwards‏

@_DaveEdwards

Brilliant off season with my family, so many memories made

But time to head back to Wolves tomorrow morning for an exciting new start

Stuart Davis‏@studavis 37m

Replying to @_DaveEdwards
Yes mate, Neves is going to need someone to wash his car. Don't forget your bucket.

Dave Edwards‏
@_DaveEdwards 23m

If the rumoured wages are true....I might get a decent tip

Top stuff from Dave, I think that's one of the only things I've ever liked on Twitter.

He doesn't understand FFP. Very poor from an alleged journalist.

Let's imagine we do have a massive shortfall this time next year as far as FFP goes. And we're stuck in this division. Then we'll sell Helder Costa, who isn't going to give us more than two years in the Championship regardless of anything else. Hello £20m+, goodbye problem.

If we sell Batth, Saville, Wallace, Doherty, Coady, Price and Ikeme for £6m we can sign £30m of players on 5 year deals and make zero loss from signings. Wages may be an issue though.

Back