• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Can't imagine we need another one - striker and keeper and we're done aren't we?

Disagree. DW posted something recently regards the need for a back up LB to Douglas.

Quick look at this lad seems he may be prepared to play second fiddle to someone like Douglas, whilst still being a natural left back (i.e. not Doherty).

A Bola claiming Neves travelling today, with medical scheduled for tomorrow. I'd be surprised if the personal terms weren't already tied up, what with him being a Mendes client.

They've been spending too much time around Tim and Fielden.

Too be fair, all this talk of us signing Neves does confuse me somewhat. I can't get my head around the fact that we are potentially signing him - it just shouldn't happen to a Championship club!

Too be fair, all this talk of us signing Neves does confuse me somewhat. I can't get my head around the fact that we are potentially signing him - it just shouldn't happen to a Championship club!

:) great though isn't it. so much better than being confused by some of the dodgier signings we've made over the years. still a fair bit of trust needed and you can never guarantee success.

Yea but wim a big club aye we, if he does come,and a couple of other big signings arrive as well,I wonder what all the fans who say we've no ambition,doing it on the cheap,no championship experience are going to say? They'll probably do a complete u turn,and blame Mendez,fosun for spending too much Money,too many foreign players etc etc

It's like Watford on speed.

Watford got promoted by using loan players placed at their club and we are taking that one step further by buying them and likely using player sales to change the squad dependent on what our ambitions our at any given time. At the present time they appear to want a squad that is too good for this division. If that works, then they will want a squad that is too good to be relegated. If that works, a squad too good for mid-table.... If this can be sustained, we will always be getting players that ordinarily wouldn't consider Wolves until we get to the stage were we become a club that is somewhere players want to come.

It is an experiment that if it works could completely transform the way football works because the value of players is not manipulated by the market but by a handful of clubs and we would be at the vanguard of that revolution. If it doesn't work...we will be in league 3.

As an insurance policy I will be getting a 10 game "season ticket" at Stourbridge next year for some normal football.

Jan Hagen‏ @PortuBall
Boly showed up at Olival today, but won't train with the Porto squad. O Jogo claim his departure will be announced shortly, probably today.

You might see some folk get excited that Ruben Neves is not at training today (1st day back for Porto) but he isn't scheduled to do so as he has been with the Portugese U21's....and shopping for fucking horrendous suits with shorts.

That's not an unfair article by Joe in my opinion. It's a mental move, not one neves would've picked out in a million years and tbh one I doubt he's delighted with from a footballing point of view. He's gambling with his career

That's not an unfair article by Joe in my opinion. It's a mental move, not one neves would've picked out in a million years and tbh one I doubt he's delighted with from a footballing point of view. He's gambling with his career

But sitting on the bench for Porto and effectively wasting another year is preferable?

For me, of course he could go to bigger clubs - but he'll be the big fish at Wolves - and if he helps get us promoted, he'll be a Premier League footballer at 20. If he doesn't, we sell him and he moves on. Hardly "gambling his career".

He'd walk into a dozen pl teams, same for la Liga. Don't get me wrong, I think he (and we) will make a success of it, but if I was him, I wouldn't dream of coming to wolves

If we do sign Neves, it should stop a lot of people (me included) worrying about Costa leaving. It'd be one hell of a statement of intent - I agree with Del, it's bonkers that he might choose to come here.

I just can't see him agreeing terms - either that or someone will usurp us. The fact we're interested in the first place is very encouraging though.

I just can't see him agreeing terms - either that or someone will usurp us. The fact we're interested in the first place is very encouraging though.

Assuming he is travelling to us at least, I would have imagined terms will have been discussed already? Maybe not agreed yet but still - surely he wouldn't travel unless they were in some kind of vague agreement?

I imagine as a Mendes client it's probably agreed in principle, I guess. I'm still expecting a "big club" to jump in at the eleventh hour though. I would love to be pleasantly surprised, obviously!

I think if anybody else were going to put an offer in for him they'd have done it by now.

Back