• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I reckon the major stumbling block would have been him NOT saying 'you having a fucking laugh?!' as opposed to any financial aspect of the deal.

I think if anybody else were going to put an offer in for him they'd have done it by now.

We do have his ex-manager here, I suppose.

Looks like the Boly rumour is gathering pace too!

In my opinion this delay with Neves has to do with the player will to move to a second league. It happens a lot with Mendes suspicious transfers. We are dealing with one right now: we overpaid 22M for Jimenez with Mendes promise he would move to China for 60M one year later. The player refused (he is just 26 so no surprise) and we were stuck with him. This year another 45M offer from China and he refused again.

The whole deal was probably made without talking with Neves and he is probably having second thoughts. Mendes has been ruining careers lately (in the name of his pocket), i would be very careful too if i were him.

What delay?

EDIT: Ninja'd by DW - I'm obviously a slow reader :icon_lol:

Portuguese media reported he was travelling friday. So i guess he either took a long flight or there is a delay?

SLB is to Mendes what Hazel was to climate change.

You do realise players don't travel over, sign the contract before they've got through Departures and immediately be unveiled to the media?

He was still in Portugal at the weekend.

There is no delay.

Fibber

460243489d82aa9297041279cdbadc13.png

You do realise players don't travel over, sign the contract before they've got through Departures and immediately be unveiled to the media?

He was still in Portugal at the weekend.

We both know it does not work like that. Coentrao has been for a week with sporting (*spits*) and no transfer was announced. Mendes has its ways. Mathieu was allowed to come to sporting too without a deal achieved between clubs (and no Mendes hand there). Just 2 recent examples...

Portuguese media reported he was travelling friday. So i guess he either took a long flight or there is a delay?

Everything I've seen said he was travelling today or tomorrow for a medical. The deal only came to light on Friday night didn't it?

This feels like the cautious optimism I had about Cav last year. My mates are all befuddled that a player potentially capable of getting in a top 6 Prem side is even considering this.

I will be unparalleled by my past fanboying if Afobe comes back for some reason.

Wolves did the deal with Porto on Friday (very late as well)
Neves went to a Wedding on Saturday
Returned his stupid suit/shorts on Sunday
Flight to the UK today
Medical will take 2 days (inc a tour of Molineux, Compton and a trip to London for the 2nd part of the medical

Earliest we will be told is Wednesday PM.....but this is Fosun F.C so we will get the confirmation at 1.17am on Friday

Wolves did the deal with Porto on Friday (very late as well)
Neves went to a Wedding on Saturday
Returned his stupid suit/shorts on Sunday
Flight to the UK today
Medical will take 2 days (inc a tour of Molineux, Compton and a trip to London for the 2nd part of the medical

Earliest we will be told is Wednesday PM.....but this is Fosun F.C so we will get the confirmation at 1.17am on Friday

Fair chance we'll see 3 or 4 signings unveiled at the open training session I would think.

Fair chance we'll see 3 or 4 signings unveiled at the open training session I would think.

There will be a lot of #fakenews on Wednesday from folk attending that.

Perhaps it is good that twitter doesn't allow you to see replies etc then!

In my opinion this delay with Neves has to do with the player will to move to a second league. It happens a lot with Mendes suspicious transfers. We are dealing with one right now: we overpaid 22M for Jimenez with Mendes promise he would move to China for 60M one year later. The player refused (he is just 26 so no surprise) and we were stuck with him. This year another 45M offer from China and he refused again.

The whole deal was probably made without talking with Neves and he is probably having second thoughts. Mendes has been ruining careers lately (in the name of his pocket), i would be very careful too if i were him.

Everything that was reported in the Portuguese press was that he would "travel Monday for a Tuesday medical"
He's just back from U21 duty and, if the pictures are to be believed, he was at a wedding on Saturday sporting a very snazzy grey/yellow combo so there was no way he was due over last Friday.

Also, if you are suggesting above (he will go to a second league) that the "delay" (there isn't one) is because he has to get the details of a loan move elsewhere once he signs for us I would like to say... Absolutely no way are Fosun and Wolves going to spend £16m on a player and then farm him out on loan to another club. It doesn't work like that over here unless you are Man City, Chelsea or Spurs, have bought a possible wonder kid and allow him to spend the season with their old club, as Spurs did with Alli from MK Dons.
I'm sorry but your hatred of Mendes is clouding your understanding of how our link with him works. Yes we will be linked with players we have no right being linked to but the whole idea is to get Wolves into the top division and then to push on. That means if we do sign top quality players, they will be the ones who get us up

Distinct lack of E&S updates on this deal today. Usually when we are rumoured or their sources confirm they are all over it - Pictures - updates that actually don't update you - hundreds of tweets from Timbo.

Either Tim is off with man-flu or the club have requested some peace "Please Tim, stop calling us every 5 bastard mins and we promise to give you an exclusive interview with Neves...which will be done by us and posted on our official site and you can C&P it"

Pete O'Rourke claiming Forest and QPR are after Joe Mason

Back