• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

On Benfica forum some people are saying Neves, after signing, can go on loan to a PL club.

It would have to be a massive loan fee, otherwise that doesn't make a lot of sense.

For all the conspiracy theories about Mendes we actually own a good chunk of his company, so it's not just about him in this case.

It would have to be a massive loan fee, otherwise that doesn't make a lot of sense.

For all the conspiracy theories about Mendes we actually own a good chunk of his company, so it's not just about him in this case.

I think that's one of the smartest things we've done, I don't know if other club owners have done this but it gives us a degree of insurance

But Mendes is only here to fuck us over, remember.

I think that's one of the smartest things we've done, I don't know if other club owners have done this but it gives us a degree of insurance

Doesn't Fosun's Gestifute involvement pre-date their Wolves involvement by a considerable distance? Wouldn't have thought they'd be planning that far ahead to get a foot in the door with Mendes just so they could attempt to reign him in a bit if they were to ever buy a football club and rely on his services.

Doesn't Fosun's Gestifute involvement pre-date their Wolves involvement by a considerable distance? Wouldn't have thought they'd be planning that far ahead to get a foot in the door with Mendes just so they could attempt to reign him in a bit if they were to ever buy a football club and rely on his services.

You may well be right about timings, but the amount of dollar Fosun are spending I think they've spent a while planning this

Yes, we spend somewhere between £14 and 20 millions to recoup around 4 at most? I can see how Fosun became so successful.

Naw, the cost of the player is spread across his contract. So, if he signs a 4 year contract he only 'costs' us £4.5m p/a. If we get a loan fee of £5m or £6m, then sell him for a decent profit after a year then it's very sensible business. Won't happen though :)

Yes, we spend somewhere between £14 and 20 millions to recoup around 4 at most? I can see how Fosun became so successful.

The last thing Mendes deals make is sense. Would not surprise me one bit.

We just paid 10M for Andre Moreira... A guy with 20 matches at professional level. Go figure.

Naw, the cost of the player is spread across his contract. So, if he signs a 4 year contract he only 'costs' us £4.5m p/a. If we get a loan fee of £5m or £6m, then sell him for a decent profit after a year then it's very sensible business. Won't happen though :)

Reason why Benfica has about 100 players under contract. At least is what the board claims.

Would make sense if the agents would not grab a fortune each time the player goes on loan. I honestly cant name all Benfica players. Just yesterday i saw some guy called Ailton Junior on our player index (yes we need one) who i had no clue about.

I am seriously trying not to believe this Neves rumour till it happens, if it were and we immediately loaned out our record signing the FA would be all over us.
Generally Fosun seem to be doing exactly what they said in the first place and for one I can accept last season as they had little time. I also
think that last year has made them understand how short we are. If PL had somehow managed to get us into the play offs last year this
window would have been completely different (2 or 3 additions) and more boring football. I know there are no guarantees and with this
many signings it could take time to work but I for one am so looking forward to going to matches next season (that after rueing buying
my season ticket early, having to watch that shit). Good times ahead but its still a tough league.

Reason why Benfica has about 100 players under contract. At least is what the board claims.

Would make sense if the agents would not grab a fortune each time the player goes on loan. I honestly cant name all Benfica players. Just yesterday i saw some guy called Ailton Junior on our player index (yes we need one) who i had no clue about.

Bit different for us as we part own the agent and the aim is to get us promoted first. If we get to and stay in the premier league we can have a 1000 players and I wouldn't really care.

We're still small fry though.

Neither Fosun or Mendes got to their positions by short-termism... I think Mendes will throw his might behind getting us up knowing the real money is in the Premier League but that in itself will be tempered by Fosun's investment in Gesfitude.

The last thing Mendes deals make is sense. Would not surprise me one bit.

We just paid 10M for Andre Moreira... A guy with 20 matches at professional level. Go figure.

This guy?

He looks good! We need a keeper, we'll have him if you don't want him... ;)

Swiftkey is far better.
Another vote for Swiftkey here. Much better than the standard Android keyboard, and I also have it black with orange letters in a Wolves stylee.

Never trust a portuguese GK Lycan.

By the way Porto is still 50M to go on the fair play thing.

They want to get rid of big salaries also so if Ruben is possible who knows who can be next.

If (and that is a big if) we sign Neves and then end up selling him on a year later then I can live with that.

He's so far above anything else we have or anyone else in the Championship that it's almost laughable.

I am looking at the Neves thing a bit like Costa, it will be a delight to watch him as long as he's here but have to accept he won't want to stay in the Championship long. If we are up there and Challenging around Christmas with another 1 or 2 coming in January To Help us go up then who knows he might stay.

Lovely problem to have on our hands and quite an improvement on Dave Edwards......

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Back