• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Whether the Neves rumour is true or not (and I'm actually starting to believe it is) it's very entertaining to read reactions saying it's 'madness' and 'the most astonishing signing of the season'. :icon_lol:

Tim's not sure.

Nothing fresh on Neves today. Clearly it's not just Wolves who'll be interested in signing him. Still believe it's unlikely, we'll see.

How does Bony coming in mean it's the end for Batth? We are talking about Wilfred Bony here right? Or have I missed something?

Wily Bony.

I wouldn't want Wilfried Bony here on a free, totally lost it, idle bastard. Plus there are some hilarious (but seemingly well founded) rumours about his real age :icon_lol:

Tim is speaking as a Wolves fan rather than a journo. My view is it's highly unlikely based on nothing more than Wolves offering years of disappointment.

Tim is speaking as a Wolves fan rather than a journo. My view is it's highly unlikely based on nothing more than Wolves offering years of disappointment.
For me, it's highly unlikely based on the fact that we just don't do good central midfielders.

Wily Bony.

I wouldn't want Wilfried Bony here on a free, totally lost it, idle bastard. Plus there are some hilarious (but seemingly well founded) rumours about his real age :icon_lol:

Well that too, although only two days ago he thought he could still break in at Man City.

But this Wily Bony, without a wikipedia page, I'm lost. Google is not helping me on this one... where's he from?

From what I've read, as the FFP deadline has passed, he either signs for us or they fail FFP. No other club can hijack it in terms of them passing FFP.

I still don't see how he would be persuaded to join us though!

Porto fans don't seem to rate Boly too highly. One said he's a a poor man's Mangala.

Right into Dan's book of favorites alongside Seyi and Ferguson, then.

Porto fans don't seem to rate Boly too highly. One said he's a a poor man's Mangala.

Right into Dan's book of favorites alongside Seyi and Ferguson, then.

Thos people have to realise there arent many Sanchez's, Kane's, Aguero's, Zlatan's etc etc in this division..

Thos people have to realise there arent many Sanchez's, Kane's, Aguero's, Zlatan's etc etc in this division..

Oh, I agree. But I think I'd rather have a physically limited but defensively sound CB (a la Williamson or Craddock) than an athletic one that can't use his head (a la Bassong or Micah Richards).

After Moreto Cassamá (Borussia M'Gladbach paid three million euros), André Silva (for AC Milan for 38 million euros), Depoitre for Huddersfield (in England guarantee for five million euros), Andrés Férnández ( 1.8 million paid by Villarreal) and Lichnovsky (plus 1.8 at the expense of Necaxa), the SAD of FC Porto is about to add the transfer of Rúben Neves (about 20 million to Wolverhampton), ensuring compliance with the agreement

Only in October the final accounts are announced, but SAD's willingness to make a sale yesterday was linked to the need to do nothing in the UEFA agreement, otherwise penalties would deteriorate. Even if the transfer has not been made official, the fact that it can be finalized in the next few days allows it to be added as an annex to the document and to prevent further sanctions, never exceeding a maximum fine of EUR 2,2 million Organism, as set out in such a May agreement. It is true that UEFA may not accept, but this is rare in such cases.

Contrary to what was written, SAD was allowed to present 30 million loss at the close of 2016/17 and not the sum of the previous three seasons, a period to which all other clubs are subject. For dragons, it would be very difficult to comply with the first form, since it transits from 2014/15 and 2015/16 with a cumulative of about 40 million negative euros. In 2017/18, the loss could be 20 million and 10 in 2018/19. If it complies scrupulously, SAD rejoins the normal regulatory mechanisms before UEFA.

Going back to the annual accounts, FC Porto presented a negative 29.6 million euros in the first half. The problem is that the revenues of the Champions League (24.4 million euros) had already been counted. That is, in terms of operating results, the second half will have been downright worse. The balance between buying and selling contributes to the damage being minimized and fitting into the values ​​set by UEFA as mandatory, assuming that there is a failure to meet the ordinary financial fair play to which the clubs are obliged. This balance includes the transfers we listed at the beginning of the text, but also those of January (Evandro and Varela), which attenuate the money spent on the purchase of Soares in V. Guimarães.

The dragons are still making a big effort to lower the payroll. This is because there are other measures that UEFA has imposed, but have gone alongside the news. One of the most difficult is to meet a defined ratio between staff salaries and operating revenues. UEFA rules say that the amount spent should not be more than 60% of the operating income, excluding gains from player passes. In recent years, FC Porto has been close to 100%. The value of the ratio authorized by UEFA has not been disclosed and will certainly be above the standards with which it advises the clubs. But it is also, surely, below what SAD has been practicing. In the last six months, 21 players have finally disengaged from the blue and white squares. They are more than four million euros in cash.

Liverpool fans now melting down because they're going to miss out on Ruben Neves and Leandro Paredes to "small clubs". :icon_lol:

Serves the bastards right.

Back