• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Snooker

Perhaps, yeah. But he's been in no form at all this season whereas Ali is a two time World finalist.

Well done Ali Carter. I don't think anyone begrudges him that win.

Bingham just hasn't been anywhere near all season unfortunately.

Some very poor safety shots from Bingham tonight. Well done Carter though. It'd be great to see him go on and win it.

Shaun Murphy out as well, 10-8 to Anthony McGill.

Steve Davis announces his retirement from the game.

Steve Davis announces his retirement from the game.

One of the best players of all time. He was at his best when Alex Higgins and Jimmy White were at their mercurial best. While not as entertaining as those two, he had the ability to make match winning breaks relentlessly. At his best, when he got among the balls he rarely lost a frame.

Neil Robertson trailing 6-3 to Michael Holt after the first session.

First time since 1982 that three of the top four seeds have gone out in the first round.

Currently at four ex world champions out as well and we aren't even finished with the first round.

I think they said that it's the first time the previous year's finalists have both lost in the first round too.

Incredible century and clearance from Martin Gould in the last frame of his session. Banzai pots and flukes galore to clear the last couple of reds and colours.

BBC will no doubt put it on the website so keep a look out for it.

It's taken until the third frame and 71 unanswered pots for Judd Trump to pot his first ball of the tournament against Liang Wenbo. Who won the first two frames with centuries. Very talented player. I've had a sneaky £2 on him at 80/1.

6-3 lead for Liang after the first session. Those are great odds for a guy who made the final of the UK Championship only four months ago.

Indeed. He's actually 100/1 in places but I had a free bet to use.

Re-positioning the balls after a foul called and the opposing player wants them put back. Causing problems this year what with all the technology available I think it's a very dated way of refereeing it. Something like a grid that could be shined on the table with images of the original placement of the balls or more easily the picture we as TV viewers get to see

My league asked if we wanted the miss rule bringing in. At amateur level it's just not needed.

I agree. Problem is we play in a league that's had
Pro players in it so they've taken it to the extreme. I once got a miss called when there was no possible way out of the snooker.
I wasn't happy.

Back