• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Snooker

World Championship draw:

Np80qeB.png

Tough opener for Bingham in his title defence, he's had a rubbish season too so could come unstuck straight away.

I was only saying on Tuesday night at my snooker match that I fancied Carter to do well this year. That's a tough draw for him though.

Starts tomorrow?

Has anyone ever been to the Crucible? And if so, what is it like?

Last edited:
Carter 5-1 up against Bingham.

Bingham pulls it back to 5-4 down. Game on.

Ugh. Fu v Ebdon.

A match for insomniacs. Can't stand that twat Ebdon. He only just squeaked qualification too as he was 9-3 down and scraped through 10-9 at about 2am the other night. Probably by boring his opponent to death. I read that match only had three 50+ breaks in it.

I have a grudging admiration for Ebdon making the absolute maximum of his talent as well as still being around at this stage of his career (he looked finished 4-5 years ago) but I don't enjoy watching him!

Still, his snooker >>>> his pop career.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6SpM7TizeU

Carter will be livid to have let Bingham back into the game, didn't look on the cards at all.

Bingham with a master comeback...8-8 almost 9-8 bingham now

Yeah Carter losing his head slightly here and making too many mistakes. Good stuff from Bingham though.

9-9. Decider. Could go either way really. Carter has taken that last frame really well.

Final frame then!

This is fantastic quality for a 1st round match. It feels more like a quarter or semi final.

Unusual for Ali to not be in the top 16 - I haven't followed the rankings that closely this year but I assume his illness contributed to him having to qualify. He's definitely the man all the seeds wanted to miss first up.

Yes it's down to his time off from the game and not accumulating enough ranking points.

The rankings used to be worked out over a rolling two year period, though I remember Hearn last season saying he was changing it to allow lesser ranked players to get to more tournaments. Can't remember the details now.

He's definitely the man all the seeds wanted to miss first up.
I reckon Ding would have been top of that list personally. He had to qualify this year because he slipped out of the top 16.

Back