• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation 24/25 Thread

We already know that our run starting with Palace at home in November is going to be key and there will inevitably be pressure on those games, but Palace themselves may be desperate for points by then too. Also winless as it stands and they now go with the following before they face us:

Liverpool (H)
Nottm Forest (A)
Tottenham (H)

Surprised by Palace so far this season.
I know they have lost a key player but looked impressive under the new manager last season.
Yeah totally agree. Similarly they've started a couple of games well and then collapsed.

Also, like us they've sold a couple of key players.

Current odds (Unibet):

Southampton 3/10
Leicester 3/5
Ipswich Evs
Wolves 7/4
Everton 9/4
Crystal Palace 5/1
Brentford 8/1
Nottm Forest 8/1
Bournemouth 12/1
West Ham 16/1
Fulham 16/1

Personally I think we're a bit long there given how broken we look and with our one win in seven months. Ipswich do look a better team than us at the moment and Leicester have a better knack for getting results even if they're a bit shit.

I'd have us second favourites. Shows the difficult games spin has landed outside of Molineux

Everton are wank but they got a result yesterday. We played way better against Newcastle than they did, but they have a point on their tally from that fixture, we do not.

I don't see how we grind points out at the moment, we don't seem to have the mindset. I'd back Mick's 09/10 team to pick up more even though pretty much every first choice player in every position from then (bar perhaps Doyle, because he was absolute peak then, and I'd probably take a combination of Hennessey/Hahnemann over Johnstone/Sa, but none of that is ideal) is a fair way worse than what we have now.

Already looking at the results of the three promoted sides.

I can't really see any other side being worse than those three and us.

Would predict Saints, us and Leicester right now.

Current odds (Unibet):

Southampton 3/10
Leicester 3/5
Ipswich Evs
Wolves 7/4
Everton 9/4
Crystal Palace 5/1
Brentford 8/1
Nottm Forest 8/1
Bournemouth 12/1
West Ham 16/1
Fulham 16/1

Personally I think we're a bit long there given how broken we look and with our one win in seven months. Ipswich do look a better team than us at the moment and Leicester have a better knack for getting results even if they're a bit shit.
Not sure odds mean much. The reality is that if we continue to play like this we are dead meat.

So Gary needs an extra 15% - at the top level that’s a mile away. Are they just going to cheer him on a little bit louder?

Tossers.

After a few years of waiting for us to reach the magical 40 probability 37 nowadays, points, I find myself now with the same mindset I had with both Mick and Jones, the inevitable is that we will be relegated albeit with one or two freak results along the way.

After a few years of waiting for us to reach the magical 40 probability 37 nowadays, points, I find myself now with the same mindset I had with both Mick and Jones, the inevitable is that we will be relegated albeit with one or two freak results along the way.
I'm not going to sell them down the river this soon but we had better start seeing some decent football from them...soon.

Everton are wank but they got a result yesterday. We played way better against Newcastle than they did, but they have a point on their tally from that fixture, we do not.

I don't see how we grind points out at the moment, we don't seem to have the mindset. I'd back Mick's 09/10 team to pick up more even though pretty much every first choice player in every position from then (bar perhaps Doyle, because he was absolute peak then, and I'd probably take a combination of Hennessey/Hahnemann over Johnstone/Sa, but none of that is ideal) is a fair way worse than what we have now.
I'd have Berra.

Spot on ! ! !

I'll be releasing season 2009/10 in 6 days time so I've been viewing and rewatching the games recently and it wasn't a great season in terms of exciting play and thrilling games, but Mick knew how to grind out results with the squad he had playing 4-5-1.

It meant sacrificing SEB which was a great shame, but Doyle had a superb season as the sole striker.

As you say man for man 09/10 would be inferior to our current team, but as a team they were much superior in picking up points.

They were really only thrashed at Chelsea 4-0; the 5-2 loss at Sunderland was a scoreline that totally flattered the hosts.

It all fell apart 2 years later, but that's another story.

Yeah, perhaps. Although him and Dawson together would necessitate a very low block. Plus with VAR, he'd have to drastically change how he defended set pieces.

You and I always rated Big Christophe more highly than most Wolves fans did.
Yep. Still annoys me now how he gets criticised for the holding/pulling when he never once gave a penalty away from it.

Yes he'd have had to modify it now, but he was playing within the laws of the time, and doing it well.

Also I'd much rather see that kind of dedication to marking compared to a couple of Brentford's goals on Saturday :rolleyes:

Berra was awful. Decent athlete but horrendous footballer.

Dara O'Shea is better and he's Championship level.

Not accepting any dissing of Christophe. Nope, not having it.

He wasn't a good "footballer" i agree, but he was a good defender, in the "head it and kick it" genre.

I always remember Solbakken saying something along the lines of 'Someone has told Berra that he can't pass the ball well but it's not true'.

Back