• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nuno to leave Wolves

At least you can rule out the slim possibility of Everton funding him to try and take a Coady or Neto with him.

Good luck to Nuno. If he takes it on I wish him well.

Jorge Mendes likes this.

If he does go to Palace, that tends to suggest he was sacked or at the very least 'persuaded' it was in his best interests to leave.
A lot of arrogance among Wolves fans that we're 'better than Palace.' For me, hope he does well (not against us obviously).

It's the worst scenario really, Palace get off to a decent start and we don't, then Molineux is going to be one hell of a toxic environment.

If he does go to Palace, that tends to suggest he was sacked or at the very least 'persuaded' it was in his best interests to leave.
My view is still he wouldn't/couldn't agree to the direction Jeff wanted to go so only 1 winner in that argument i'm afraid. Gamble by Jeff and if he has this wrong he will be getting dragged back to China by his bosses

Think he has been done up by Jorge though, no disrespect to Palace but he deserves a better gig than that.

Definitely sacked. If it was anywhere near Nuno's decision he would either move to a team clearly superior to Wolves and/or driving distance of Guimares

He was sacked, there isn't any realistic debate about this, is there?
The only debate is how he was sacked. I don't think the initial plan was to sack him but discussions about going forward and planning for next season could not be agreed upon.
A straight simple sacking, he doesn't get to say nice words to the press or be in control for the Man Utd game. He woudn't have even got the nice statement from Wolves, he would have just got the standard 3 line blunt statement.

It still sticks in the craw about Nuno being sacked, to see him rock up at Palace whilst we are still trying to announce Bruno is turning into a choke.

I wasn't happy with the football last season, but I still wanted another season to see where it went.

Agreed on the sacking, it sounded like Jeff & Nuno couldn't agree on the way forward, neither party would move enough so the Club terminated his employment contract

It still sticks in the craw about Nuno being sacked, to see him rock up at Palace whilst we are still trying to announce Bruno is turning into a choke.

I wasn't happy with the football last season, but I still wanted another season to see where it went.

Agreed on the sacking, it sounded like Jeff & Nuno couldn't agree on the way forward, neither party would move enough so the Club terminated his employment contract
Minor detail, they didn't terminate his contract. They're paying him until he gets a new job.

Standard practice.

If you sack a manager and he has one year left on a £50k/wk deal, you don't hand him a cheque for £2.6m along with his P45.

At this rate he'll be appointed in his new job before we've even replaced him.

So are we now saying that all the reams of emotive posts on here last season defending Nuno during our low points due to him being all sad and homesick were pretty much just speculation to dampen criticism?

Cos if he jumps straight into a new PL job without even pausing for breath I can't see how that adds up?

Standard practice.

If you sack a manager and he has one year left on a £50k/wk deal, you don't hand him a cheque for £2.6m along with his P45.
I thought standard practice on a sacking was you got the rest of your contract paid up or had to come to an agreement on the pay off (like Pardew picking up his wages for years and years despite getting other jobs)

Unless Nuno is in talks about the remaining chunk of his ££ he has agreed to a simple paid whilst unemployed scenaro

So are we now saying that all the reams of emotive posts on here last season defending Nuno during our low points due to him being all sad and homesick were pretty much just speculation to dampen criticism?

Cos if he jumps straight into a new PL job without even pausing for breath I can't see how that adds up?
He will be getting what he needed - 6 or 7 weeks away from football and being nagged at home. No training ground stuff etc. He will get this job and probably stay at home for another couple of weeks (like Lage is apparently doing with us once he has been announced)

I think his mood played a part in last season and is a valid point but 1 of many reasons.

I thought standard practice on a sacking was you got the rest of your contract paid up or had to come to an agreement on the pay off (like Pardew picking up his wages for years and years despite getting other jobs)

Unless Nuno is in talks about the remaining chunk of his ££ he has agreed to a simple paid whilst unemployed scenaro
Yeah, whatever arrangement it is we've come to (the paying him until he gets another job is common - this is why loads of dodgy Italian clubs sack a guy, bring in a replacement, sack him then go back to the original guy), we still sacked him.

Which I still think is fucking stupid, but I don't get a say in the matter.

Perhaps it shows that, even though Nuno was a brilliant fit for us in the main, his stock isn't as high as we think, and his level is probably mid-table PL.

I always thought all the talk of him going to a Spurs or Arsenal was fanciful. He just isn't that type of manager and doesn't play that type of football. He could do a decent job at Palace if they give him enough time to create a culture there

Back