• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Ethan Sutherland

We'd play all of Semedo, Doherty and Toti there first. He'd be as likely to come on as me

Just for clarity - Amazingly, I wasn't being serious

We'd play all of Semedo, Doherty and Toti there first. He'd be as likely to come on as me
Speaking of Doc, our pal PTS watched the game on Wednesday and STILL reckons he's got the defensive edge on Pedro Lima.

But the teenager still has some way to go to leapfrog the more established Nelson Semedo and Matt Doherty in the right-back pecking order.

There were plenty of moments last night when he displayed a lack of positional discipline. More ruthless Premier League opponents might well have exposed this. It is likely he will be absent from the squad at Nottingham Forest on Saturday as O’Neil and his coaches continue drilling defensive fundamentals into the summer recruit.

I mean I can buy that he has a way to go to be a fully-formed player there. But has he ever watched Doherty defend FFS?

When we signed him the opinion of some in Brazil was he'd end up playing higher up the pitch. I've only seen the 5 minute highlights from Burnley and pre season so can't comment on him defensively. At the risk of being fooled Bueno at Palace like, he certainly looks like he knows how to put a ball in, so be interesting how they develop him. Once we are out of the cup I hope he doesn't fall into that not playing for either the first team or the U23s zone that some players have before

Last edited:
I don't know what Madderz is on about there tbh. Burnley never laid a glove on him in an attacking sense and he was a constant threat throughout.

There were a couple of times where he was caught in odd positions and I noticed Dawson telling him where to go, but I guess thats normal

Watch Joao Felix's goal from the start of the move and where Doherty goes (and can't get back from, because he's as mobile as a skip), and tell me that Pedro Lima would be worse than that.

Lima Andre Gomes Lemina RAN
When I first read this I thought you were suggesting we sign this gorgeous but hopeless specimen! :D

skysports-andre-gomes-everton_4904686.jpg

As mentioned yesterday I don't think we can do that. You've got two players in the team who score goals (and Cunha's record wasn't too clever before last season). Everyone else pretty much never does.

When I first read this I thought you were suggesting we sign this gorgeous but hopeless specimen! :D

skysports-andre-gomes-everton_4904686.jpg

As mentioned yesterday I don't think we can do that. You've got two players in the team who score goals (and Cunha's record wasn't too clever before last season). Everyone else pretty much never does.
I deleted my post anyway as it wasn't really relevant to what this thread is about!

I'd sign Andre Gomes anyway, and play him with Andre and Gomes just for shits and giggles!

Back