• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Sam Johnstone

Sa is a living nightmare, he isn't appreciably better. The point is we were supposed to improve and we haven't.

Totally, I was trying to find where Johnstone was first mentioned on here. And it was in or around August 2023 in looks like. At the time I had highlighted GK and CB as major needs for an improvement, and then when Johnstone was being mentioned (initially from GFFH) I was pointing out he wasn't an upgrade on Sa and was actually worse, and GFFH mentions to someone "We arent spending £20mil on a GK." When people are naming other targets they'd prefer.

Now not only do we look like we need too spend over that, we already commited £10mil on Johnstone. Despite there being so much available on him that this is what he is. It's actually a tad upsetting.

It's like nobody has watched Sa this season. Look back at Madueke's hat trick, he was awful. He'd be no better. The issue is Johnstone being crap, not Sa being better

It's like nobody has watched Sa, this season. Look back at Madueke's hat trick, he was awful
Sa checked out this season. Knew we were after a keeper and he expected to leave, so we have had the very worst version of him.
Doubt he will do anything different if put back in now, unless it was under a new head coach.

This thread feels like a grim precursor of the one we’ll get to enjoy when our next cut price manager replaces our current discount aisle one…

A half decent one of either doesn’t seem too much to ask. But it is.

Johnstone has been close to what I expected which is underwhelming. Apart from longer kicking he’s inferior to Sa. The ridiculous thing is that though Ramsdale would have cost more in three years time he’d be worth a reasonable fee whereas Johnstone will see out his contract and walk away for nothing. Makes you think Fosun don’t care as they know by then they’ll be out of town.

It's like nobody has watched Sa this season. Look back at Madueke's hat trick, he was awful. He'd be no better. The issue is Johnstone being crap, not Sa being better

People watched it. Plenty of dreadful performances. The issue is I have watched the games since and I still would like to see Sa back in. If Sa plays like that again we are screwed regardless.

Sa will be mentally fucked and actively expects to leave. he would phone it in.

Back