• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2024/2025

What will the backroom staff and coaches have been saying to the likes of Fraser and Chirewa last season?

OP updated. I think that's everyone.

Lonners Jr straight into the Hudds team at Rotherham early doors, but Tyler Roberts won't be playing today. His match has been called off after the Southend squad got stuck on a train that suffered a power failure this morning.

Last edited:
An update from the weekend:

Nigel Lonwijk went straight into the Hudderfield team and played 86 minutes of their 2-1 defeat at Rotherham. Joe Hodge came on after 67 minutes and slotted in the opening goal, before 10-man Hudds fell apart

Goal after a minute or so:

Ki-Jana Hoever made his debut for Auxerre but marked it with a red on the stroke of HT for two bookable offences. They ended up losing 3-1.

Jimmy Storer's clean sheet streak continues in a 0-0 away from home for Darlo.

On as sub: Fraser came on after 84 for ZW and had a great chance at the end after miscontrolling it when he should have hit it first time.

Unused subs: Chirewa, Kaleta.
Not in squad: Campbell, Bueno, Chiquinho, Silva.
No game: Roberts

Heck of a debut for Hoever

I sure am glad we gave him a new contract, didn't want to get into the terrible situation of him only having a year left.

I think Chirewa going to Derby was an odd move. I don't think he's going to play much there at all

I think Chirewa going to Derby was an odd move. I don't think he's going to play much there at all
I agree, they don't or least didn't.

From what I've seen of him at Wolves and them in under Warne he doesn't suit the way he sets his side up. Subbed at half time in the first game, didn't get off the bench in the second. Plus he plays an agricultural form of football which doesn't appreciate players who like to express themselves which it looks to me that Chirewa is.

All the Burton STHs I know say that their new manager has got them trying to play decent football for a change. Chirewa would have been better off going there it sounds like.

A quick weekend update:

Tyler Roberts scored within 10 minutes of coming on in his first appearance for Fylde to level the scores at 3-3 vs Yeovil. Unfortunately they still lost the game in the final few minutes.

Goal around 4 mins in:

Fraser made his first start for ZW, playing an hour of a 3-1 cup win. Had a good couple of chances in quick succession but failed to convert.

Jimmy Storer played as Darlaston lost 2-0 at home to Cleethorpes.

A couple from midweek.

Jimmy Storer kept a clean sheet as Darlo kept their decent league form going with a 1-0 vs Grantham

Tyler Roberts was on the bench again for Fylde, but came on with 20 mins to go in a 3-0 defeat at Harrogate.

GXWPjdVWEAACytl

“The issue of the €40m price tag is something that happened and I am not to blame. I try to do things well on the field. I’m 22 years old, people forget, I think I’m doing things well, naturally, that’s why I’m here [La Liga].”

Fabio2.png

cool.gif

I totally agree with your post DW.

However, how many games has he started/minutes has he played?

Genuine question. His goal to minute ratio probably isn't as bad as that looks, but obviously there's a reason he's on the bench!

Back