• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2023/2024

Guedes or no Guedes?

• Yes - More Playstation Face!

• No - Let's forget he ever joined us

Results are only viewable after voting.
He’s very much ‘here’ in terms of our ongoing transfer options. I wish he weren’t and I’m sure the club wish it was all in the past / under the carpet. His only use is as an unwelcome monument to hubris in a vain hope we learn from history.
'History teaches us that man learns nothing from history.'

Tbf I doubt he'd have been on anyone's radar today if Glasgo hadn't alluded to him being good because a couple of pissed Glaswegians told him so.

These assessments are always great.

Depending where they got their news, Reading fans might have been thinking they were getting an absolute steal signing Dave Edwards for a mere £1m.

On the whole Wolves fans also thought Carl Ikeme was better than Emi Martinez.

Tbf I doubt he'd have been on anyone's radar today if Glasgo hadn't alluded to him being good because a couple of pissed Glaswegians told him so.
giphy.webp

Steven Fletcher left the club over 10 years ago, i still watch him now with interest, I'm currently watching Ipswich v Maidstone purely because of George Elokobi.

This is such a weird criticism, I am a Wolves fan, things about Wolves are interesting to Wolves fans.

Not quite the same as the borderline race that starts after every minor hiccup for someone disliked though is it? You're invested in those people because of the fond memories of the things they did for the club you support. Other people are rushing in to throw some more flak at someone to prove how shit that player is and how right they were in calling it that way a long time ago.

To be fair Martinez did throw in a couple for us, never on god's green earth would anyone have expected him to be a World Cup winner from his Wolves performances.

True enough (that QPR game was a horror show) but Ikeme was throwing them in at an even higher rate that season!

Not quite the same as the borderline race that starts after every minor hiccup for someone disliked though is it? You're invested in those people because of the fond memories of the things they did for the club you support. Other people are rushing in to throw some more flak at someone to prove how shit that player is and how right they were in calling it that way a long time ago.
If you were a Wolves fan you'd understand the emotion he elicits, the reasons why and why there will always be interest in him. You aren't so here we are.

If you were a Wolves fan you'd understand the emotion he elicits, the reasons why and why there will always be interest in him. You aren't so here we are.

I still have a perspective on it. The comments people make around Fabio have long since stop being coloured by 'Wolves interest' for many on here. It's all about confirming ones opinions, proving how right they were and often just purely kicking someone while they're down.

I still have a perspective on it. The comments people make around Fabio have long since stop being coloured by 'Wolves interest' for many on here. It's all about confirming ones opinions, proving how right they were and often just purely kicking someone while they're down.
So I understand the point you’re making and in some ways agree, but Fabio did have ample time to shut the haters up, and instead continued feeding them fresh ammunition.

He’s more albatross than man to us now, through his own actions as much as anything.

Like he reads this...what is kicking someone while they are down is openly laughing at a team mate when he's having a bad game along with your mate whilst warming up.

Like he reads this...what is kicking someone while they are down is openly laughing at a team mate when he's having a bad game along with your mate whilst warming up.
Also I'm pretty sure Hwang never had to be bollocked for not warming up properly, as Laughing Boy has on multiple occasions by multiple managers.

Said it before, but Fabio laughing at Hwang that day has turned out to be a much more significant red flag for the former than latter.

"Don't be a prick to your teammates" seems like a low bar, and yet...

Yet most made their minds up on him years ago.
I’d made my mind up we’d totally overpaid the day he signed. Because that’s just blindingly obvious unless you don’t like football or have gold tinted specs. There is no deal like it in football history, certainly not a club like Wolves. People at the time tried comparing it to Rodrygo or Vinicius Jr but they are not remotely similar. 1) it’s the richest/biggest club in the world 2) those players were already performing in men’s football 3) they are/were actually good. People in the summer (less so on here) were still claiming it was an “investment” all along. Doesn’t really need explaining how over paying for something by such a magnitude doesn’t tend to be a good investment…

I was willing to give him a shot though up until this season. I still remember backing him in the Lage season that he was our best option but Lage wouldn’t play him. Then I was willing to give him a shot this year after his loans and now being of a more suitable age to judge. But no, the benefit of the doubt has now completely gone. He was weak and slow with no outstanding technical quality when he joined. He’s now slightly less weak and slow with no standout technical quality. I still don’t know what he is. He doesn’t have the physical, technical or mental capabilities to succeed at the top level when you need at least one of those to have a chance.

Add in the nonsense in interviews and social media from him and his dad then we just need to draw a line under it and fuck him off one way or the other.

So I understand the point you’re making and in some ways agree, but Fabio did have ample time to shut the haters up, and instead continued feeding them fresh ammunition.

He’s more albatross than man to us now, through his own actions as much as anything.

This isn't any defence of Fabio, just a comment on the pointless ongoing commentary, if someone decided he was shit years ago why is being benched against St Mirren noteworthy unless you want to reinforce that opinion and inflate your ego?

I don't expect Fabio to read this, the comment is aimed more at the perpetrators of the pointless pile on, what are they gaining from pointing out the shortcomings of a player they wrote off a long time ago? Easier ways to get a chubby off the Internet.

This isn't any defence of Fabio, just a comment on the pointless ongoing commentary, if someone decided he was shit years ago why is being benched against St Mirren noteworthy unless you want to reinforce that opinion and inflate your ego?
Mate, ultimately all sport is spurious in the grand scheme of life. We may as well shut down the forum if we go by this logic.

We're all guilty of trying to show off our electronic schlongs now and again.

It's not random barbs out of nowhere though is it, the same thread will have updates on Lembikisa and Mosquera this weekend no doubt, two players who currently have 0 league starts for Wolves between them.

Mate, ultimately all sport is spurious in the grand scheme of life. We may as well shut down the forum if we go by this logic.

We're all guilty of trying to show off our electronic schlongs now and again.
A lot of pointless things in life but you can still find new things to talk about around them.

Think youre barking up the wrong tree here, he had plenty of support early on but time has shown he's not very good and most comments are all about our 'Wolves interest' whether that being good enough for us (he isnt) or getting him a transfer somewhere.
Obviously football forums can be about justifying original opinions and agendas but I don't think thats the case here.

Back