• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2023/2024

Guedes or no Guedes?

• Yes - More Playstation Face!

• No - Let's forget he ever joined us

Results are only viewable after voting.
Chiquniho - Famalicao, Portuguese Primeira Liga
Played 84 minutes of a 2-0 win at Casa Pia and opened the scoring with a fine goal: took a touch with his chest before rifling it into the bottom corner. Was also denied an assist for being slightly offside.

Goal around the minute mark:

Sasa Kalajdzic - Eintracht Frankfurt, Bundesliga

Went straight into the team for a 1-0 win at Leipzig and played 62 minutes.

Luke Cundle and Ki-Jana Hoever- Stoke City, Championship

Both played pretty much the full game (Cundle was subbed off in stoppage time) in a 1-0 win at Rotherham. They linked up well for a good move that ended with a Hoever cross and a shot from a team mate going wide. Cundle looked to be playing as the advanced option in a midfield 3.

Chem Campbell - Charlton Athletic, League One
Subbed at HT in 2-1 defeat at home to Posh.

Daniel Podence - Olympiacos, Greek Super League
Got subbed off at HT with Olympiacos 2-1 up but down to 10 men - he didn't get or assist either goal. They went on to win 3-2.

Ethan McLeod - Alvechurch FC

Made his full debut and played an hour of a 1-0 win at Sudbury.

On as sub: Owen Hesketh got more minutes in a half-hour cameo in Kiddy's 0-0 FA Trophy draw vs Altrincham

Unused sub: Guedes (special mention: looks like he's still lurking around on Benfica's sub's bench).

No game: Silva, Corbeanu, Bolla, Moulden

Big jump from National League to League 1. Hope he does well, very promising that he's been picked up by a club at that level.

Just looking at Northampton, they've swapped between Lee Burge (ex-Cov and Sunderland, not very good) and a 19 year old (Max Thompson, signed from Newcastle's Academy) through the season. 34 conceded between them which is the second most in the top half. Doesn't look like they have a nailed on #1 so I assume they're bringing him in to play.

Not great keeping for the goal they conceded last game(at the very end)

It seems we are being much more pro-active in managing our loan players.

Or we picked the wrong club for them to start with.

Less so with Moulden as Football League clubs won't take a chance on a very young keeper with virtually no senior experience (he now has that with Dale) but we shouldn't have been sending Campbell to Charlton as they're a basket case and have been for 15 years or more. We also clearly didn't get any of Pond, Griffiths, Tipton or Roberts right.

I wonder if that's why we're loaning out Hesketh and McCleod to actually play men's football, albeit at a lower level. I guess the thinking being that they'd be used to the increase in physicality of playing with actual grown men and therefore more ready for L1 / L2 football.

Or we picked the wrong club for them to start with.

Less so with Moulden as Football League clubs won't take a chance on a very young keeper with virtually no senior experience (he now has that with Dale) but we shouldn't have been sending Campbell to Charlton as they're a basket case and have been for 15 years or more. We also clearly didn't get any of Pond, Griffiths, Tipton or Roberts right.
I guess the question is bad loans, or bad players? (Relatively speaking)

I guess the question is bad loans, or bad players? (Relatively speaking)
I think we rushed through Pond and Griffiths (they played for the first team with less than a week of the window to go) which was needless, I wouldn't lend Walsall anything with their track record.

Do we know much about Moulden in terms of how good he is? I’ve got a mate who’s a big Northampton Town fan asking me!

He's got a few assists this season 3 or 4 I think. So his distribution must be good.

Joe Young's gone back to the sixth tier by joining Buxton until the end of the season. Made his debut and had a solid game in a 1-0 win at Chester last night.

Fabio Silva played 64 minutes in a 2-2 friendly draw with FC Copenhagen at Ibrox.

Back