• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2017-2018

Interesting that KT says they want to trim the 23s down to a core group. Does that mean we are going f to end up releasing a lot of the deadwood rather than giving them 1yr deals for no reason.

These are out of contract at the end of the season (as far as Wolves ever let us know):

Collins
Odoffin
Flatt
Hayden
Levingston
Simpson
Johnson
Armstrong
Deslandes
Breslin
Rainey
Xavier
Allan
Carnat
Brown
Goodliffe
Finnie
Seedorf
McKenna
Sealy-Harris
John
Osbourne
Nogueira

I think most of them will go. Maybe Johnson will get another year, Brown, Allan, Armstrong and Goodliffe too, Seedorf has possibly done enough.

I thought Seedorf was very highly thought of? Even putting aside his name.

Agree with the general sentiment of the club to keep the U23s smaller, though. I'd hate to become the next Chelsea and waste kids with potential by just infinitely loaning them out.

I think Seedorf turned 20 the other day and he’s nowhere near breaking through to the first team so not much point retaining him

Big Micky Z on the scoresheet again today for Charlton.

Hopefully he gets a good move somewhere in the summer.

Delighted for him. Astonishing that he's back in the game at all after that assault.

Is he playing as a striker for them?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Joe Mason has his first start and goal for Colorado.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Pompey v Oxford on Sky this afternoon. Ronan should start

From what I saw of Pompey I'm not sure it's the best place for Ronan. Pompey seem fond of launching it over his head

Not sure Ronan will ever have a place here again now that MGW is ahead of him tbh.

Something something MLS is rubbish something something

SKC's defense is definitely rubbish so far this year.

(Colorado was playing SKC last night)

An update from this weekend;

Joe Mason - Colorado Rapids, MLS.

Scored less than ten minutes into his debut, taking advantage of some amateur-hour defending to go through on goal and slot past the keeper (after nearly fluffing it up). Subbed after an hour.

Goal 55 seconds in;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJAh7SiK4ik

Michal Zyro - Charlton Athletic, League One.

Was handed another start and took it with both hands, grabbing his team's second goal in a 2-0 win against Plymouth. As per the link earlier on, it was a powerful downward header from a right-wing cross. Well taken.

Connor Ronan - Portsmouth, League One.

Started in a 3-0 win vs Oxford and had a quiet first half. Subbed ten minutes after the break.

Ethan Ebanks-Landell - MK Dons, League One.

Handed a start after a fair while out of the first team picture and played his part in keeping a clean sheet, subbed after 66 minutes in a 0-0 draw with Blackpool.

Ben Stevenson - Colchester United, League Two.

Played all but the last few minutes of a 1-0 win. Described as producing an 'assured midfield display' upon his return to the starting line-up.

Aaron Collins - Newport County, League Two.

Started at home to Crewe and had little effect on the game, one long-range shot going wide. Subbed on 70 minutes in a 2-1 loss.

Andrew Sealey-Harris - Farnborough FC, Evo-Stik Southern Premier League.

Notched another goal in a 4-1 win. This one was a beauty, dancing past two defenders before picking his spot from just outside the area.

https://twitter.com/fc_video/status/977622647168274433

Aaron Hayden and Nicolae Carnat - Stourbridge FC, Evo-Stik Premier.

Carnat made his first start and grabbed an assist in a 4-1 win. Hayden also notched an assist; he had his loan extended til the end of the season today.

Jack Ruddy - Ayr United, Scottish League One.

Following his namesake's penchant for clean sheets with another one in a 4-0 win.

Unused subs; Johnson, Armstrong.

Not in squad; Deslandes, Wilson, McKenna.

Aaron Hayden started and scored for Stourbridge last night - https://twitter.com/aa_hayden/status/978554549920260096

However, he also got himself sent off for reacting to a bad tackle - which also saw the Sutton Coldfield player dismissed.

Carnat also started but was subbed in the 2nd half after apparently looking like Stourbridge's best player in the first half.

Yeah, I heard Hayden's a bit of a hothead.

Carnat back on the bench for the U23s tonight as is Connor Johnson, who hasn't had much game time recently.

How would we compare the standard of U23 football to the likes of the Conference North/Evo-Stik, anyone have an idea?

Back