• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2016/17

Yeah, the things I have seen from him this season has been far from inspiring..

I do like the look of McQueen though, hasn't had much 1 on 1 defending to do tonight but he's got forward well once again and he's covered his centre halves well when needed.

He just looks like he's trying to do too much tonight, holding onto things too long, taking an extra touch when he doesn't need to. From what I remember of him that year he was often the one on the end of things, making runs in behind and just applying the finishing touch rather than being particularly involved in creating things but now it's like he's attempting things he's just not suited to.

Van Dijk just had another skirmish in the Inter box with his old pal, this ref isn't having a great game.

When Candreva elbowed McQueen you could see that the ref had no authority. He just kept backing away from the situation, and then to only give a yellow was stupid.

agree, he looks promising...will be hard to get playing time when Bertrand is back though..could he get infront of Targett maybe?

1-1!

Van Dijk finally getting the better of things at set pieces, draws a good save from Handanovic then knocks one in from the following corner after Romeu's effort came back off the bar.

vad Dijk scores, should be playing for a top four club

Didn't that Hojbjerg chap rock up with a bit of a reputation?

I've not seen him offer anything so far, been hopeless tonight with countless misplaced passes, looks proper style over substance. Should take him off for Davis.

He was really highly rated at Bayern for a little while, never properly kicked on though (not that it's ever easy to get into that midfield) and didn't do a lot for Schalke last season.

He's been comfortably outshone by Romeu this season, Romeu of course being an object lesson in not necessarily writing young players off after a bit of an indifferent start in senior football, but his time isn't infinite. You can only be 'promising' for so long, as your mate Mr Jenas shows.

Could be an option for Chelsea in the summer if they get back into Europe, think he'd suit the back 3 quite well.

aye, better than all of their central defenders, fast, good both offensively and defensively

just wow, that is a poor own goal haha

He was really highly rated at Bayern for a little while, never properly kicked on though (not that it's ever easy to get into that midfield) and didn't do a lot for Schalke last season.

He's been comfortably outshone by Romeu this season, Romeu of course being an object lesson in not necessarily writing young players off after a bit of an indifferent start in senior football, but his time isn't infinite. You can only be 'promising' for so long, as your mate Mr Jenas shows.

Romeu's improvement has been immense to be fair, and completely unexpected to boot. Suddenly changed from a big immobile lump of nothing to someone who covers that area in front of the back 4 really well, has plenty of physical presence to stamp on the game and certainly not lacking on the ball either.

Saints now in front thanks to an own goal after a cross from the left takes a couple of deflections.

agree on Romeu, I thought he was nothing of a player last year but has taken many steps forward this season

Redmond is another player who I have slagged quite a bit for not having the end product, but must agree he is looking very sharp and has developed too in his new role

Deserved win in the end for Saints, much better second half showing from them.

Brilliant save by the Eastleigh keeper, holding their own at the moment vs Swindon.

Yeah, probably was just over. I'll let the lino off on this occasion.

Brilliant save by the Eastleigh keeper, holding their own at the moment vs Swindon.

Probably should have been given as a goal though!

Not sure about that and is was a decent save, though the game as a whole is very reminiscent of lower league play ( & I have seen enough at National league level to judge that)

Not sure about that and is was a decent save, though the game as a whole is very reminiscent of lower league play ( & I have seen enough at National league level to judge that)

As the lino didn't give the goal (and tbf it would have required amazing eyesight to spot it was probably over- and the rules say you should be certain). Therefore it was a great save!

Fulham ripping Brentford apart at Griffin Park, no idea how it's still only 1-0

Back