• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2016/17

Looked threatening enough before the goals, but they've gone to pot since.

Wasteful from Arnautovic there after a decent move.

There you go, consistency from the ref. Both fair enough to me, stop dicking about grabbing and pushing off corners, watch the ball and challenge for it.

You're never going to get refs getting every decision right - but they should be calling fouls rather than letting everything go just because it's being delivered from a set piece.

It is good to see that stuff being punished regularly at last, if it doesn't go someway to cutting it out then players really need to be having a word with themselves.

Stoke have started the second half much better and City starting to look a little wobbly.

It is a good thing for football in general, has to be consistent between refs also though

OT maybe but why is de bruynes head getting more and more red, much like a tomato ? Is all his blood in his head at the final whistle? Just happens every time he plats..

OT maybe but why is de bruynes head getting more and more red, much like a tomato ? Is all his blood in his head at the final whistle? Just happens every time he plats..

Maybe he's putting them in too tight.

That match had fizzled out in the final fifteen then Stoke self destruct right towards the end.

Yeah, so unnecessary by stoke.. City looking much sharper under pep though

Arsenal very, very lucky. Stonewall penalty not given on Muse right at the death. Drinkwater probably should have been given one in the first half too. Clattenburg unfortunately bottled both of them.

I don't think it's a stonewall penalty, it's one of those that go either way and one that Vardy got a lot of shit for last season. Musa gets his leg across Bellerin to make the contact happen and then it's just how you interpret that.

Musa does no such thing. Bellerin comes across him when he's already beaten. It was a tired attempt to stop him and should have been punished.

Think the Drinkwater is definitely, but agree with Slink on the second. People will say Musa was very 'clever' but then maybe that is why Clattenburg hasn't given that. That said, if he thinks that surely he should book him?

Musa does no such thing. Bellerin comes across him when he's already beaten. It was a tired attempt to stop him and should have been punished.

Musa definitely puts his right leg across Bellerin.

Think the Drinkwater is definitely, but agree with Slink on the second. People will say Musa was very 'clever' but then maybe that is why Clattenburg hasn't given that. That said, if he thinks that surely he should book him?

It's not actually simulation though is it, he's not dived as there is contact so he can't book him i don't think. I would have had no problem with the penalty being given because it's clever from Musa but i have no problem with it not being given as Bellerin hasn't actually fouled him.

Just watching MotD, I see that Costa should have been sent off before scoring the winner for the second game in a row

Costa is a nutcase, no idea how he's stayed on the pitch for ninety minutes in both games so far.

Costa should have been sent off in both games this season, but for whatever reason the referees did not take the action that they should have.

Back