• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2016/17

Andy King has to be up there in the worst player to feature in a Champions League Quarter Final stakes.

Ronaldo scores..that missed pen is hurting now

who has the bigger hair, Marcelo or Fellaini?

Martinez sent off for another foul on Ronaldo..clear second yellow as well..poor, never really liked him as a defender

Leicester sitting deep and refusing to press. I assume the game plan is keep it at 1-0 then look to try and nick one in the last 10.

Respectable by Leicester (assuming they don't concede again in the last 10), but too many average players at this level to really hurt a team like Athletico Madrid. Andy King & Marc Albrighton are not CL players by any standards, but Danny Drinkwater has been worse. Looked absolutely shot after 25 minutes and his touch & passing has been shocking since. Huth has been excellent, but I can't see them going any further without knicking an away goal. Can't see them keeping a clean sheet at the King Power stadium that's for sure.

Atletico are rock hard to score against, they just give you nothing.

Astonishing that Gabi has never been capped by Spain. I'd kill to have had him running an England midfield for the last five years. Brilliant.

Astonishing that Gabi has never been capped by Spain. I'd kill to have had him running an England midfield for the last five years. Brilliant.
Shows the caliber of midfielder Spain has produced recently. Even if they broke up into their regional sides (Andalusia, Basque, etc.) it would just mean more stupidly talented teams.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

As outplayed and outclassed that Leicester were ultimately they were outdone by a dodgy penalty

As outplayed and outclassed that Leicester were ultimately they were outdone by a dodgy penalty

But thats Atletico gain an advantage no matter how then trust themselves to hang on to it. Play off opponents mistakes.

Do not underestimate Leicester City. They achieved the seemingly impossible last season, and if they score first in the second leg then anything can happen.

Do not underestimate Leicester City. They achieved the seemingly impossible last season, and if they score first in the second leg then anything can happen.

I think to qualify Leicester would have to score first, second and third, unlikely.

I think they will get done at their place by Atletico to be honest. 1-0 up, away, absolutely suits Simeone.

Mind you, I thought Leicester would get battered by Sevilla!

All kicked off in Lyon tonight against Besiktas. Game was delayed because the Turkish fans were throwing fireworks and flares down onto the French lads from the top tier, and there was also fighting in the stands. Then loads of the innocent fans had to go on to the pitch as it carried on kicking off in the stands.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/lyon-besiktas-crowd-trouble-delayed-10221899

It got underway eventually though.

Back