• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2016/17

Allardyce football works quite well with this Palace squad, they have Benteke to hold it up and pace/flair either side from Zaha and Townsend so all they have to do is boot it long and win the second ball and let the wide players do their stuff. It's not exactly refined but it works.

Arsenal are shocking here, how they're even considering offering Wenger a new contract is beyond me.

To be fair DW, he has turned Crystal Palace around.
After losing a ton of games to bury them in the mire...

He's done alright, I just can't abide him on a personal or footballing level.

Surely Wenger can't be at Arsenal next year. There is no way a club of that size can accept what is happening any longer. You could see after 5 minutes tonight that they were beat, no fight, no desire and bullied by Zaha, Townsend and Benteke. Palace played exactly the way they should have and it worked perfectly.

Surely Wenger can't be at Arsenal next year. There is no way a club of that size can accept what is happening any longer. You could see after 5 minutes tonight that they were beat, no fight, no desire and bullied by Zaha, Townsend and Benteke. Palace played exactly the way they should have and it worked perfectly.

Indeed and Arsenal must have known what to expect at Selhurst Park tonight, yet failed to address the situation.

Whoever comes in to replace Wenger will have a handsome war chest to spend. It'll be an incredibly tough act to follow but easier than the utd job

It's over 10 years now that Wenger has used the exact same tactics year on year, bought the exact same type of player time after time to play in that system...same lack of success too. They're so easy to play against. You know exactly what they're going to bring to the table, how you can stop them and what weaknesses you can play on.

He just has too many blindspots these days. He's never replaced Vieira. He signs cowards like Gabriel, he shows too much faith in players who let him down when it matters, he puts too much trust in Özil who isn't up for the fight and never has been, too many players regress the longer they stay at Arsenal.

It's over 10 years now that Wenger has used the exact same tactics year on year, bought the exact same type of player time after time to play in that system...same lack of success too. They're so easy to play against. You know exactly what they're going to bring to the table, how you can stop them and what weaknesses you can play on.

He just has too many blindspots these days. He's never replaced Vieira. He signs cowards like Gabriel, he shows too much faith in players who let him down when it matters, he puts too much trust in Özil who isn't up for the fight and never has been, too many players regress the longer they stay at Arsenal.

That's what's always baffled me about Wenger, his most successful time was with veira and petit absolutely bossing midfields with power and skill. He's never signed anyone remotely similar to either

That's what's always baffled me about Wenger, his most successful time was with veira and petit absolutely bossing midfields with power and skill. He's never signed anyone remotely similar to either
In fairness, what players exist like Vieira and Petit anymore? Very few, if any.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

BFS is the dictionary definition of horses for courses. Wont win the league- will keep you up. Pullis- wont win the league- will keep you up.

I reckon both Palace and WBA would take that this year.

The officials doing a huddle before the Juv/Bar game shows everything that's wrong in football these days.

Barca behind already, think this Juve team have got a good chance against them.

Barca get their first big chance to equalise, lovely ball from Messi but Iniesta clean though but Buffon stood up well and palmed it away.

Resulting corner comes to nothing, Juve straight up the other end with Dybala getting his second. They're not getting close to him in the box.

That is an absurd finish.

Back