• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2016/17

City so close to being a force I think. Pre-season plus new signings are they are going to be the ones to beat next season. Such fantastic football.

Sane fast becoming my favourite player.

Will he sign the defenders they need though? He didn't in the summer or January

Can't believe Lallana just missed that, what a great goal that would have been. Great game

Good game that, wish more PL games were like that

Bugger - Hoddle on the commentary team - at least if he's on as a pundit I can ignore the before, after & half time stuff, but if he's on during the match will need to put Radio 5 on & hope that it's in sync.

Watching Reading v Leeds United. And I am not convinced either of them are that much better than Wolves.

Stamping on a players head. If changed and found guilty Cooper should be banned for a long time.

Monk trying to defend it, "He's not that type of guy". Well clearly he is seeing as he just did it.

That excuse fucks me off intensely.

Jesus. I mean it would be rather fucking irrelevant in a court on an assault charge and if you fell out of the dog and duck at 11 on a saturday and stamped on some poor cunt then that would be the situation.

If Mings got a ban for his then Cooper can expect something of a similar length, he clearly knew where the player was when he stamped on him.
Pretty sure the refs match report won't include it.
As for Leeds every time I've watched them this season they've looked average, Fulham might be the ones to watch if they make the top 6.

Monk trying to defend it, "He's not that type of guy". Well clearly he is seeing as he just did it.

That seems to be the stock answer from managers when one of their players does something out of order. That stamp by Cooper was shocking, he could have caused a very serious injury.
Also after the incident the referee spoke to his assistant, so I presume they knew that something had happened, but clearly neither of them had seen it. I would expect Cooper to be charged over the incident.

There was a similar conversation on 5live last night and Savage had the opposite take, that no-one is that type of player, that no professional steps on a pitch with the intention of hurting someone. Can't say I agree with him there but it was funny listening to him trying to corner his co-host into naming someone who he thought was that type of player.

The point is that you can be a saint for the rest of the time and act like a fool for a second in other walks of life and you will probably be judged on the second.

Not that type of player is a plea in mitigation, not a defence.

There was a similar conversation on 5live last night and Savage had the opposite take, that no-one is that type of player, that no professional steps on a pitch with the intention of hurting someone. Can't say I agree with him there but it was funny listening to him trying to corner his co-host into naming someone who he thought was that type of player.

If there are players who intentionally go out to injure someone they are in an absolute minority especially in today's game where there's nowhere to hide with all the camera angles.
The "he's not that type of player" phrase is complete utter bollocks.

Back