• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2016/17

Vardy made a meal out of that Nasri headbutt.

Leicester in the last eight of the champions league. They may have been in an average group, but to knock out Seville is just amazing.

Barcelona
Bayern Munich
Borussia Dortmund
Juventus
Real Madrid
Leicester City

:icon_lol:

Leicester in the last eight of the champions league. They may have been in an average group, but to knock out Seville is just amazing.
Guessing Nasri will be in the tunnel waiting to wipe the smile off Vardy's face.

Guessing Nasri will be in the tunnel waiting to wipe the smile off Vardy's face.

remember he got his first yellow for being a prick so asecond yellow for handbags and one to Vardy he cant complain.

The way things are going, Leicester City will be the only English club in the last eight.

And indeed Leicester are our sole survivors. They will probably go on and win it...

Monaco have scored more goals than anybody in Europe and by some distance. They're so good to watch.

A lifeline for City in both legs and they blew it. Horrific from Kolarov on the winner, they have far too many players like that, deadwood that should have been chucked three years ago.

Yeah they need a new defence and keeper essentially, so many games this season where they have just chucked what should have been a straight forward (ish) win for them. I know Monaco are a fantastic attacking side but thy was city's game to win in the second half and they blew it.

Mourinho needs to give up on his attempt at playing 343, it's fucking garbage.

Rostov are just dropping everyone within 40 yards or so of their goal so there's no space in there for the likes of Mkhitaryan and Mata to exploit, he's got 3 centre halves just sat around doing fuck all on the half way line and wingbacks doing little more. With Pogba going off I don't know why he didn't bring Lingard on and go back to more of a 4231, move Blind into midfield with Herrera and let Rojo go left back, try and double up on Rostov in the wide areas to get in behind and stretch them.

I've clicked over to Gladbach vs Schalke as the United game was annoying me far too much.

It makes me laugh how 343 has suddenly become flavour of the month because Conte's had success with it at Chelsea, people just think a new formation is suddenly going to transform a team but it only works if it suits the players. For Chelsea it's brilliant because it gives Hazard and Pedro so much freedom in areas of the pitch where no opposition player is really going to position themselves, they've got the wingbacks to get up and down so they've always got the width, they rarely look like getting overrun at the back or too pinched in attack, and they've got a solid base in midfield for it to work around. Similar is happening at Spurs now too, Eriksen and Alli getting so much freedom to play their way and if anything I think the personnel in the back three and more so the midfield two give Spurs a better balance than Chelsea have. United have none of these things though, Pogba is too much of a mentalist to play a role with that sort of responsibility, the wingbacks are tripe and the centre halves don't have anything like the ability on the ball to make use of their extra time and space.

Managers copy each other, it's happened since the dawn of time. If you have the players to make it work, brilliant. United don't, just like we didn't when we tried it last week against Rotherham.

Schalke back to 2-2 now after being 2-0 down.

Blind injured, time to abandon the failed experiment? Na, I'll play Phil Jones as a left wingback and plough on.

Embarrassing.

Plus it's a system Conte used for the last few seasons at Juve and Italy, it's not something he just stumbled upon. He didn't use it for the first month or so of the season because he didn't think he had the personnel then realised Moses could do the job he needed on the right and they bought Luiz back. It's not like he came in and just threw Ivanovic in at right wing back. There's a saying that formations don't win games, players do, clearly that that's too simplistic, but what it does need to be is the right players in the right formation. This copying of Chelsea without the personnel to do it as witnessed during the first half at Molineux on Saturday is pathetic.

Back