• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
So at half time, this attacking formation hasn't really worked other that one or two half chances.

Move Alli back in the middle and put Sterling on to try and get at Vierinha more.

And is it just me or is Harry Kane a really greedy player? Once he gets within 20 yards of goal he never ever seems to pass the ball.

What? It is the exasperation you delivered it with! You seem to have decided that Alli is a walking red card. He isn't.

Feel free to have an opinion.

Don't think the 3 up top worked at all. All 3 are central strikers rather than wide forwards. Oddly enough the central 3 have worked well I think, especially with both full backs.

Don't think the 3 up top worked at all. All 3 are central strikers rather than wide forwards. Oddly enough the central 3 have worked well I think, especially with both full backs.

We're asking Vardy to do a Welbeck impression here which is never going to work.

We're asking Vardy to do a Welbeck impression here which is never going to work.

And Kane on the right also. One bonus is that Woy will not play this again. I think Barkley and Sterling on for Vardy and Rooney or we take one of the front 3 off and put Barkley on and play a true diamond with Alli at the tip and Milner and Barkley in the middle that can also shift across to go wide.

Well that first half was shocking, tactically it was a nightmare from Roy and i don't understand it. If we play this way we have no chance in the tournament, no number 10 to play through, strikers out of position and asked to defend in wide areas, a midfield 3 far too narrow and closing space rather than making it. There's lots more but far too much at this point in the preparation, i really hope he's trying this and will abandon it right away but i don't think he will.

Playing Vardy & Kane in this format kills most of their positives

Cannot play both if this is how Roy wants to set up

Playing Vardy & Kane in this format kills most of their positives

Cannot play both if this is how Roy wants to set up

Can't play either if this is how he wants to set up, it negates everything they are good at and gets them into positions that you don't want those 2 in.

Vardy has played himself out of the team. Done absolutely nothing all game. Much better option coming PFF the bench against tiring players.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Vardy has played himself out of the team. Done absolutely nothing all game. Much better option coming PFF the bench against tiring players.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
Hardly his fault when he's being asked to play somewhere he doesn't play for his club. Nonsense from Roy.

Kane on set pieces again FFS.

Hardly his fault when he's being asked to play somewhere he doesn't play for his club. Nonsense from Roy.

Kane on set pieces again FFS.
Well he's not going to play as a no 9 as Kane is better, so either he plays well where he played today, or he doesn't play at all. It will be the latter.

Changes in personnel, might actually be a diamond now.

If this is how Roy intends to set up against Russia then I have deep concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back