• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
it wasnt a dimaond in the slightest. 433 with rooney slightly deeper.

looks like rooney and kane are central if sterling floating behind now which is a much better sytem

Vardy has played himself out of the team. Done absolutely nothing all game. Much better option coming PFF the bench against tiring players.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

All the front 6 playing their way out then because they've all been poor but it's because the system is terrible, none of understand it and therefore non of them can execute what is needed. Really dire stuff from Roy on the eve of the tournament, didn't expect them to be going all out but expected a system to suit and players asked to undertake roles that suit them and us.

It needs to be either Kane or Vardy as the front man - cannot play both unless you go 4 - 4 - 2 which Roy is unlikely to do

Would put Kane ahead, with Vardy a good option off the bench - get the first man to run himself into the ground on the basis he knows he is only on for 60 mins with a more than acceptable replacement waiting in the wings for the last 30 mins

All the front 6 playing their way out then because they've all been poor but it's because the system is terrible, none of understand it and therefore non of them can execute what is needed. Really dire stuff from Roy on the eve of the tournament, didn't expect them to be going all out but expected a system to suit and players asked to undertake roles that suit them and us.
I think Rooney has player well. A front 3 of Kane up top and sterling and Rooney is OK, though I'd prefer to play Lallana than Rooney.

We are not going to play 442, nor should we.

I've not been able to find a channel that shows it on the tv in France. It appears that the most exciting thing about this game has been Frank's meltdown.

Seriously though, I think this was just a further experiment from Hodgson.

Well he's not going to play as a no 9 as Kane is better, so either he plays well where he played today, or he doesn't play at all. It will be the latter.

Play him in an actual diamond alongside Kane rather than some wide left role in that pseudo 4-3-3 shite and he'd be much better off.

Boils my piss when players who have unbelievable seasons get shoehorned into other positions and then unsurprisingly don't play well.

I think Rooney has player well. A front 3 of Kane up top and sterling and Rooney is OK, though I'd prefer to play Lallana than Rooney.

We are not going to play 442, nor should we.

He really hasn't played well but again that is because he's played in a nothing position. A front 3 with a striker up top and wide players who can play wide is fine if we play that but this wasn't that.

Sterling has done more in 5 mins than Vardy all match. I get he's a good player and in form, but I'd rather not watch England play like Leicester and it wouldn't work anyway.

Wilshere has looked good too.

He's been asked to play a wider role which hasn't worked and also we haven't played to his strengths which is his pace over the top.

He looked much better against Germany when we played a 442 diamond.

Okay so Kane and Rooney off for Sturridge and Lallana. Bizarre 4-3-3 again.

Didnt give the 442 much of a go.

Now converted back to 433 but with square pegs in square holes

Kyle Walker is one of the few bright lights. The guile of Wilshere may make an impact now.

He's been asked to play a wider role which hasn't worked and also we haven't played to his strengths which is his pace over the top.

He looked much better against Germany when we played a 442 diamond.

Exactly

Why has Rooney coming back made him try something completely different?

Because Rooney was always going to be in. Even to the detriment of the team. That is a shame.

Because Rooney was always going to be in. Even to the detriment of the team. That is a shame.

but he just has to come in like for like (as everyone claims, Rooney can play anywhere). So he just has to come in at the tip of the diamond, not as some deep lying forward.

No surprise that Sterling has done more than Vardy. Sterling plays basically all of his club football in this position.

Wilshere just has to start. The only one of the deeper midfielders truly comfortable on the ball. Hopefully the lack of Henderson tonight means he won't be anywhere near the XI.

But that then negates Alli. I think shoehorning Rooney in could damage England's chances.

Well at least they have scored.

Wilshere has done well since he came on.

Sturridge pisses me off so much, so wasteful.

Get in Smalling.

Fantastic ball and superb header.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back