• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burton, although a totally different situation have a similar problem. They have a a small supporter base as historically most people in the town have followed other teams, mainly Derby but also West Mids clubs and to a lesser degree Leicester. Teenagers are now starting to support them, I had the 'pleasure' of being on the same train as them after they had played Coventry, but it'll be at least another generation before they have a town that in the main supports their local club.

Burton, although a totally different situation have a similar problem. They have a a small supporter base as historically most people in the town have followed other teams, mainly Derby but also West Mids clubs and to a lesser degree Leicester. Teenagers are now starting to support them, I had the 'pleasure' of being on the same train as them after they had played Coventry, but it'll be at least another generation before they have a town that in the main supports their local club.

And no-one would begrudge Burton Albion their success. They have done things the hard way and have now earned the right to host the likes of Newcastle, Aston Villa and Derby County in league games. Who would ever thought that was possible a few years back?

Akinfenwa has been released by Wimbledon. I wonder which poor devil drew the short straw and had to break the news to him...

Good looking England team tonight:

gland XI: Hart, Walker, Rose, Smalling, Cahill, Dier, Milner, Alli, Rooney, Kane, Vardy

I'd rather Stones, Bertrand, Clyne and Wilshere played, but I like the system.

You can guarantee Alli will be shifted away from behind the striker so potato head can play there.

I wouldn't quite say it was awful. Danilo, Joao Mario, Moutinho, Adrien and Rafa are all very decent.

Obviously completely missing a striker to the extent that Nani is seemingly playing there.

I wouldn't quite say it was awful. Danilo, Joao Mario, Moutinho, Adrien and Rafa are all very decent.

Obviously completely missing a striker to the extent that Nani is seemingly playing there.

Obviously there's a few decent players in there but as a whole i think it's quite poor. Defense isn't anywhere near good enough and like you say no strikers.

I'd prefer Bertrand and Stones too. I think Stones has earned his place off the back of the 2 friendly games and Bertrand is simply a better defender. Tbf to Walker he's improved so much under Poch that there isn't really a fag paper between him and Clyne at the moment.

Obviously there's a few decent players in there but as a whole i think it's quite poor. Defense isn't anywhere near good enough and like you say no strikers.

Throw Pepe and Ronaldo and in there and it improves it substantially. Pepe is a prick, but a very good defender.

Carvalho is ancient but is still a clever defender and they're pretty bloody solid under Santos. They'll hurt people on the break with the pace they have in wider areas if teams aren't careful.

Why have a load of seats behind the goal been replaced with an advertisement banner?

Why is Harry Kane taking corners? It's not like we are short of alternatives.

I'm not sure whose more stupid, Roy for asking him to take them or Kane for actually wanting to do it.

Nani may only care 1 out of 10 times, but he is still nearly unplayable on that one occasion.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I don't get this set up, Kane and Vardy too wide and Rooney to far forward and not a number 10. Don't think it's working against a Portugal side that looks really poor.

What the fuck was that challenge!!!

Hmmm - what on earth was Bruno Alves thinking there? Appalling challenge. Would have probably walked at Twickenham!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back