• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

I felt warmer in - 15 at 3200m on Saturday than i did when I just went out to the shop. Its absolutely baltic.

I'm really enjoying this dry cold. It's a bit brutal but way better than the wet grey just-above freezing stuff we normally get.

Just walked the 2 miles back from the office to the hotel. It’s -10 here, I’m going to miss my ears.

Serious wind here now, never know our apartment to be so draughty. Wind is whistling past outside.

I've never known it hit -5 in mid-afternoon before. I haven't been out as I'm not very well at the minute, but I shiver looking out the window. If there's one thing I hate more in life than the cold I'm yet to find it.

Yeah I hate the cold. I can't get warm at all - roll on summer!!

Definitely not known it as cold as this. It feels a hell of a lot colder because of the wind.

Nah this is warm weather compared to the stuff I was walking around in back in January

Worst part of my journey home was between the office and my car. Spent 15 minutes in the cold trying to battle my way into the car, fuck you frameless windows you frozen shut little bastards, eventually clawed enough ice away to open the boot and then used the peak of my hard hat as a scraper to free the windows. Luckily there were only about 5 cars left so don't think anyone witnessed my pathetic struggle, couple more minutes and I've have been trying to clamber in through the boot.

Been pretty ill for the last couple of days (on the mend now, thanks for asking) so not ventured anywhere since Monday, it was face-achingly cold then and it's dropped further since.

I went to Prague one year and it was about -13 in March in the evenings, we actually aren't that far off that now. My phone said -6, feels like -11 when I got up this morning.

It is pwopa chilly by UK standards. Can't wait to see what gets dumped on us when that system coming from the Southwest hits this cold air. Could be fun.

I think we're ok until about 3-4pm tomorrow. Then it could be quite brutal.

Been pretty ill for the last couple of days (on the mend now, thanks for asking) so not ventured anywhere since Monday, it was face-achingly cold then and it's dropped further since then.

I went to Prague one year and it was about -13 in March in the evenings, we actually aren't that far off that now. My phone said -6, feels like -11 when I got up this morning.

When we did the Kennster's Budapest trip it was -15 before wind chill and the Danube was frozen most of the way across at the chain bridge. Now that was FUCKING cold. And of course, I was a dickhead. Not realising that one was allowed to smoke in bars in Hungary then, I kept popping outside for a smoke. In my t-shirt. Hypothermia central.

Accuweather currently has Bilbrook as feels like -15. I'm not going outside to check.

Just went out for a cigarette here in Pendeford. Holy shite. That is mental cold.

If, as Penk says, we are chucking a 40 mph wind into this mix, then they need to get rough sleepers off the streets. That is going to be lethally cold.

On t'other forum there is a provisional ask for snow clearers for Saturday if needed.

On t'other forum there is a provisional ask for snow clearers for Saturday if needed.

Dave Edwards is back in town, I'd have thought mindless physical labour would be right up his street.

Just got back from my parents house.

Mental cold indeed. I've never been abroad anywhere that reaches these kind of temperatures regularly in winter. So its very uncomfortable for me - I love hot weather but struggle at the other end of the spectrum.

Back