• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

Another dump of snow here last night meaning that the roads are pretty treacherous again today - luckily I can work from home but the Mrs has had a real fight to get into work.

We had a decent amount come down overnight too, still falling as well, trip into work seemed to be going perfectly well until I got a few hundred metres from work. Managed to conquer the big bastard hill up from the main road, turned the corner at the top and got stuck behind a queue, 20 minutes or so later after pushing a van half way down the road with one of my directors we found that we'd actually been trapped by an oncoming snow plow forming a huge wall of snow across the road.

Surprisingly more people here this morning than were left yesterday afternoon, thought every man and his dog would've sacked it off.

Even colder today. So I'm calling it now. I've never experienced temperatures this low before.

The last few weeks I lived with my ex wife excepted, of course.

I've definitely seen genuine negative double figures in this country a couple of years ago, we've not hit that low yet.

Disappointingly uneventful here. Bloody cold but not much snow to speak of. Feels a bit like finishing 8th in the Championship.

Even colder today. So I'm calling it now. I've never experienced temperatures this low before.

The last few weeks I lived with my ex wife excepted, of course.

I've definitely seen genuine negative double figures in this country a couple of years ago, we've not hit that low yet.

At least England beating the Aussies that winter kept some of us happy.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/interesting/dec2010

http://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/showthread.php?9043-The-Weather

giphy.gif

Is that a view from your work or home? If it's home then crikey it's even bleaker and isolated than where I am!

That's the office window, though it's not a world apart from the view at the end of our street either.

ElTgDX3adiXHkQvtOHW-Z2Pk1nqDq3dDgDnSx9RqaLjwo7npqeIi-rSllWsClQL6g0pqbewgmz1GmgvVSzt1vJMBnHNoUJtdtGG6AAIsrEDsX7munoizi-L4sC5xGRFfNDZTRpGTOhaMDmKUqwHQ0qX6P6H8xsovr7j_qFFu7spwnkHcL2HXytk7OX66X9KZlnI3_kxlRQitQAzmfkWrlCtHRMnFkThJFuqMvAADcz1FnoxPvbVVcrbFBrnypruvBTw1B8AXxnyvs2Rl75APqKOBkkGGXxAdiP-NYwA_SoXPym5E9PZjJc8DbkSO9ISRh6k3Lw5PFsfPtIG0XNBooJeIERA6wrablMx4XgkNwb-BhERZcl4EFrWnIfeKdg8PGduAr4F-T1Ra-9I_PR_NZEDLCYh-xdQhBAV4Yq8YlJ4SLgaOHmc-5pr1beOv2WWCemf5S3kN1QaStdL0_e7oXalI-9o0uwjv53PrJEC8_xppuIyaNggbAqB6MDxbnf9T0y1DNozHwrKOox2rCeZ_1fCZTNgAGXSANjm2ctqToUHDJk0pyKJP5ndbw4P0oYGLL1dmeIqcT7vaw37WA7oDLvhgV4MWc65H0u5FOHeGgG6r3NRCYCU-ViiY2WTmh06h7V5xR5jZlftC_OhRhZKjT-9tcV5ihSDd=w1037-h778-no

As seen in much more underwhelming snow pre-Christmas.

Come on then - window openers in this, where are you?? (one is in my office)

That's the office window, though it's not a world apart from the view at the end of our street either.

ElTgDX3adiXHkQvtOHW-Z2Pk1nqDq3dDgDnSx9RqaLjwo7npqeIi-rSllWsClQL6g0pqbewgmz1GmgvVSzt1vJMBnHNoUJtdtGG6AAIsrEDsX7munoizi-L4sC5xGRFfNDZTRpGTOhaMDmKUqwHQ0qX6P6H8xsovr7j_qFFu7spwnkHcL2HXytk7OX66X9KZlnI3_kxlRQitQAzmfkWrlCtHRMnFkThJFuqMvAADcz1FnoxPvbVVcrbFBrnypruvBTw1B8AXxnyvs2Rl75APqKOBkkGGXxAdiP-NYwA_SoXPym5E9PZjJc8DbkSO9ISRh6k3Lw5PFsfPtIG0XNBooJeIERA6wrablMx4XgkNwb-BhERZcl4EFrWnIfeKdg8PGduAr4F-T1Ra-9I_PR_NZEDLCYh-xdQhBAV4Yq8YlJ4SLgaOHmc-5pr1beOv2WWCemf5S3kN1QaStdL0_e7oXalI-9o0uwjv53PrJEC8_xppuIyaNggbAqB6MDxbnf9T0y1DNozHwrKOox2rCeZ_1fCZTNgAGXSANjm2ctqToUHDJk0pyKJP5ndbw4P0oYGLL1dmeIqcT7vaw37WA7oDLvhgV4MWc65H0u5FOHeGgG6r3NRCYCU-ViiY2WTmh06h7V5xR5jZlftC_OhRhZKjT-9tcV5ihSDd=w1037-h778-no

As seen in much more underwhelming snow pre-Christmas.

Nice view to look out on at work.

Looked at it and thought ' that's never Darlaston ' . Did you used to live in Darlaston or have I just dreamt that in some weird dream? :icon_lol:

For me it's no contest. In the winter here, last year -5, I just sling on more clothes, in fact last winter I went to bed wearing more clothes than I wore to go out. When it 45c in the summer there is simply bugger all you can do, last summer we took the plastic chairs into the sea, complete with table and cypro. When it got to hot you just tipped yourself backwards, chair an all, and then started again. But at night trying to sleep is impossible.

Nice view to look out on at work.

Looked at it and thought ' that's never Darlaston ' . Did you used to live in Darlaston or have I just dreamt that in some weird dream? :icon_lol:

It's certainly not Darlaston, though you're correct that where I was upon until something like May last year I think. Now I've shifted to a new former industrial ghost town, nestled amongst many a retired mine in Derbyshire, does benefit of having a lot more greenery between all the deflated little towns though rather than the vast expanse of built up areas from back 'home'.

For me it's no contest. In the winter here, last year -5, I just sling on more clothes, in fact last winter I went to bed wearing more clothes than I wore to go out. When it 45c in the summer there is simply bugger all you can do, last summer we took the plastic chairs into the sea, complete with table and cypro. When it got to hot you just tipped yourself backwards, chair an all, and then started again. But at night trying to sleep is impossible.

Just imagine how ' Wolfie ' feels in the Summer months then. Must be terrible for him with his fur coot! :(

How's he doing?

Still coming down here, but not exactly a tonne of it yet. I think the real fun is going to be this evening.

It's hitting Devon and South Wales from about 3pm. Then travelling this way later.

Basically if you need to get shit, go and get it this afternoon or teatime.

I am picking up essentials on the way home. Beer, wine, fags, possibly food...

Back