• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

I went out about 3.30, it's raw out there. The wind is so strong that it's blowing snow up into your face.

No heavy snow here yet but we are forecast to get it in a few hours.

Sue - if you want gritters then don't move back round here :icon_lol: When we had the bad weather in December it was farcical. Absolutely nothing got done. We had snow on rain on snow on rain on snow on rain for 4-5 days...they just left the roads (the pavements never get done). Chaos.

I have to brave it tomorrow morning for a hospital appointment. Not looking forward to it.

The snow here has been coming down horizontally since last night. Our road is absolutely lethal. I went down to the corner shop at lunchtime to get wine and firewood and it was genuinely a proper struggle to walk into the wind. I was moving my arms and legs but literally wasn't making any progress forward, proper gale force stuff.

Fucking hell. An hour get home from Four Ashes. The Stafford Road is completely fucked and snow is building up pretty quickly on it.

Managed the cycle home. It seems the snow is building, as it has been persistent, rather than the flurries we've had thus far in the midlands.

It is certainly brutally cold. The snow is building on the roads now, and owing to the salt it's melting which means it will freeze later.

Walking to work tomorrow no doubt. It's been snowing persistently for about 3 hours here, though still the fine powdery stuff. Wonder if some moist air is reaching us from the south.

It'll just be getting there at 8:30am that'll be testing. The appointment is a routine one.

Stopped snowing down here now - if that was storm Emma it's offending against the trade descriptions act

Hope you feel better soon DW btw. I absolutely hated being ill at the weekend, no fun at all. Every sporting event conspired to make me feel worse too!

Missed this originally! Yeah I'm ok mate. Nasty head cold for all of Tuesday and most of Wednesday. Couldn't even stand to look at screens so no posting anywhere or writing at all. I'm alright now though. Well, to a point.

Roads are getting pretty dicey now with some heavy snow forecast any minute now.

My road looks bizarre. Several inches of snow on one side, bare pavement on the other as the wind is blowing it across the street.

Had to come over Cannock way...roads are a nightmare. Not letting my Daughter drive in this so off to Brum at 10pm. Should be fun...as will the return journey after 6am tomorrow.

Fucking hell. An hour get home from Four Ashes. The Stafford Road is completely fucked and snow is building up pretty quickly on it.

It was fine at 13:30 when I left work, better than usual actually as the roadworks at the Moreton junction never showed up today so all lanes were open. Shows how bad it's got out there. The side entrance to our house has about 5" of snow down the side as it's all blowing down there, we can't even open the back door as we just get a load of snow dumped in the kitchen, yet there's virtually fuck all in the back garden or on the drive.

I think somebody must have had a prang on five ways. It was completely backed up. I was after a swift half at the Western and quickly abandoned that idea.

We have the same as you - half the road is clear as the wind is scouring it, and the back garden is pwopa drifty. Very odd.

Hmm the roads are sooo bad because of the salt not reacting to the -4 conditions and snow and it just took me 2 hours to do a 4 mile journey.

However, dinner time I did the same journey, with the same amount of snowfall and in the same -4 temperature in 15 minutes TWICE.

They just haven't fucking gritted.

I haven't seen a gritter since about 6pm last night. It's fucking mental. The warnings have been there for a fucking week.

Seen 4 between Darlaston and Cannock. Not achieving much but they are out

Back