• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

My road looks bizarre. Several inches of snow on one side, bare pavement on the other as the wind is blowing it across the street.
Similar on my drive, partner hasn't used her car in a couple of days and the back of it is virtually clear but then there's about 3 inches down the front and a pile as high as the bonnet between the car and fence. Can see bare tarmac around the corner of the house and then up at the other end it's about 8 inches deep again where it's all been blown into the corner.

Had some bizarre looking drifts on the road out of work too where all the snow has blown across the fields, whisked up the hill and sort of extruded through the hedges before freezing.
Had to come over Cannock way...roads are a nightmare. Not letting my Daughter drive in this so off to Brum at 10pm. Should be fun...as will the return journey after 6am tomorrow.
Send her on the Metro!

Snow stopped, but wind picking up again & creating snow drifts against anything which stops it.

Weird pattern on the driveway - almost a complete white out with 2 completely clear patches

Send her on the Metro!

There are some 'interesting' characters on the metro. Several years ago I got the metro home and a guy got on around Wednesbury somewhere with a tattoo of a spiders web over half of his face. Not so unusual, however he clearly felt self conscious of the design so to hide it he put on what can only be described as an 'IRA' style balaclava complete with homemade eye cut outs. It complimented his doc Martin boots and camouflage trousers well.

I didn't catch the metro again.

There are some 'interesting' characters on the metro. Several years ago I got the metro home and a guy got on around Wednesbury somewhere with a tattoo of a spiders web over half of his face. Not so unusual, however he clearly felt self conscious of the design so to hide it he put on what can only be described as an 'IRA' style balaclava complete with homemade eye cut outs. It complimented his doc Martin boots and camouflage trousers well.

I didn't catch the metro again.
So you're not a fan of balaclavas?

Snow day tomorrow, CONFIRMED!

Sue - if you want gritters then don't move back round here :icon_lol: When we had the bad weather in December it was farcical. Absolutely nothing got done. We had snow on rain on snow on rain on snow on rain for 4-5 days...they just left the roads (the pavements never get done). Chaos.

That's one thing I will say about PA they keep on top of things here, but then they have to I suppose. Other wise life as we know it would end for months on end. Snow plows and gritters are constantly going up and down, even though our Lane is way away from the main road. Start about 3 in the morning to plow then again at 6.30ish before the school buses pick up the kids, then all throughout the day gritters and salt lorries are out. Can't knock the Township for their efforts in the Winter. Pity they can't put the same effort into filling all the gigantic holes in the Spring caused by the snow, ice and freezing temps. But then I suppose they only have so much money to spend.

Snow day tomorrow, CONFIRMED!
I'm hoping to have some more snow to give me more of a challenge on the big hill up to work, was surprisingly straight forward this morning after I'd envisaged bailing out part way up then having to try and turn the car around some how.

Really hope flights are ok; an unplanned all expenses paid weekend in Amsterdam would be a real nightmare :)

My girlfriend's son's school has already confirmed it's closed tomorrow yet my kids' school - a mile away from his - hasn't.

The kids school have said they will make a decision in the morning. Phenomenally helpful.

Drive to Brum done. Not pleasant from my house to J10 though.

We were notified of school closing at about 9.30 last night.

That means I'll be leaving the house to walk to work in this in an hour while everyone else will be snuggled up in bed together.

Can’t get off our estate safely, at least three people I know round here who work at our place have turned round and gone home or couldn’t even get off their drives. Cars have been abandoned on the road off the estate towards work due to the drifts, it doesn’t help that it runs alongside a farm so it’s all open to the elements. My mate called me to tell me he was stuck sidewards in the road on our estate, mental driving conditions.

I’ve been out for a walk to see if I could walk it in but fuck that, it’s an hour’s walk on a good day and I’d just freeze out in that for so long.

Back to Brum this morning. Roads from the house to the Black Country Route are dodgy but the Route, M6 and A38 have been cleared and driving conditions are normal. So fair play to them for clearing job overnight on those roads.

Can’t get off our estate safely, at least three people I know round here who work at our place have turned round and gone home or couldn’t even get off their drives. Cars have been abandoned on the road off the estate towards work due to the drifts, it doesn’t help that it runs alongside a farm so it’s all open to the elements. My mate called me to tell me he was stuck sidewards in the road on our estate, mental driving conditions.

I’ve been out for a walk to see if I could walk it in but $#@! that, it’s an hour’s walk on a good day and I’d just freeze out in that for so long.
I feel like I should walk to work (hours walk for me) even though I know that I will be the only one in until the boss eventually shows up around 1pm to prove a point.(they live rurally)

Ashmore Park is virtually impassible it seems, nobody from here has made it to work, buses are stranded and they’ve stopped the services.

Back